NPE during Standardizer/Structure Checker Startup (v6.2.0)

User a4aa805ca5

27-02-2014 21:15:08

I'm placing this here since it appears to be a license issue.

When I start the Standardizer or Structure Checkers from either the Windows shortcut or command line batch files, I receive the following stack traces:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getLicenseInformation(SplashScreenUtils.java:447)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getProperties(SplashScreenUtils.java:413)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.paintSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:190)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:168)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.showSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:219)        at com.chemaxon.alchemist.standardizer.StandardizerWizard.main(StandardizerWizard.java:29

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getLicenseInformation(SplashScreenUtils.java:447)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getProperties(SplashScreenUtils.java:413)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.paintSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:190)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.getSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:168)        at chemaxon.util.SplashScreenUtils.showSplashScreen(SplashScreenUtils.java:219)        at com.chemaxon.alchemist.structurechecker.StructureCheckerWizard.main(StructureCheckerWizard.java:351)

In the ChemAxon License Manager there is a green check next to Standardizer and Structure Checker, but no product license details.  I do have licenses for the Registration System, JChem Base & Cartridge, and Marvin Beans and Applets.

Do I need an explicit license for these tools even though they show as "checked" in the manager?

ChemAxon a202a732bf

28-02-2014 09:27:49

Hi Jason,

this may be a bug in license handling. We would need your license file to investigate it. Could you, please, send us your license file in an e-mail to '[email protected]'?

Best regards,

Zsuzsa