license key not found - db_search

User d4e43202ac

23-08-2013 21:25:13

I just installed 6.0.4. I am trying to run the db_search example.  After selecting 'save' from the setup page, and 'submit' from the seltable page, I get the following error from the search results page:

No license file found.
Product name: Structure Search
License path:
Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.
Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html

On the setup page, I select 'upload license keys'.  From previous posts I see that I should get a success message, or an error message.  What I get is a dialog box that says:

We can accept ChemAxon license files. (license.cxl or licenses.dat).  I continue to get the No license file found error.

CDD

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

26-08-2013 11:40:42

What is the name of your license file ?

I suggest to rename it to "license.cxl", the default license file name.

The JSP example only accepts this.

Alternatively you can also set the license file manually:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToServer.html

Best regards,

Szilard

User d4e43202ac

26-08-2013 17:47:15

The name of my license file (academic teaching) is license.cxl.  It is located in myhome/ChemAxon; and in .chemaxon.

I set the environment variable: export CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL=myhome/ChemAxon/license.cxl in my .bashrc.

I also set the variable in the .bashrc of Root and Webuser (to same url).  Echo shows that the variable is set.

I tried:  license myhome/ChemAxon/license.cxl.  license -l shows no licenses installed after I do this.

I did not yet try using Java Webstart or the API.

I am running as localhost, in case I did not include that information.

Thanks for the help.  I hope you can help me solve my problem.

CDD

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

27-08-2013 13:29:01

Hi,

- At the error message there should be a button to display the whole stack trace.

Please copy it here the entire trace.

- Also please copy the version information from the "About" page.

- Finally please send the license file in question to support _at_ chemaxon.com

Best regards,

Szilard

User d4e43202ac

28-08-2013 14:55:28

- At the error message there should be a button to display the whole stack trace.

Please copy it here the entire trace.

JChem version : 5.11.4
JVM : Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_25

Stack trace:
------------

chemaxon.license.LicenseException: No license file found.
Product name: Structure Search
License path:
Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.
Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html
at chemaxon.license.LicenseHandler.checkLicense(LicenseHandler.java:562)
at chemaxon.sss.search.MolSearch.checkLicense(MolSearch.java:1544)
at chemaxon.sss.search.MolSearch.setQuery(MolSearch.java:329)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.XMolSearcher.loadNextElement(XMolSearcher.java:49)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.AbstractPipelineEnumeratorElement.hasNext(AbstractPipelineEnumeratorElement.java:20)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.hasNext(AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.java:19)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.hasNext(AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.java:19)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.getNext(AbstractPipelineTransformatorElement.java:8)
at chemaxon.hitdisplay.pipeline.WrapHDTPipe.getNextHit(WrapHDTPipe.java:30)
at chemaxon.util.HitDisplayTool.getNextHit(HitDisplayTool.java:378)
at chemaxon.util.HitDisplayTool.getHits(HitDisplayTool.java:349)
at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.getHitsAsMolecules(JChemSearch.java:3576)
at org.apache.jsp.examples.db_005fsearch.searchresults_jsp._jspService(searchresults_jsp.java:1014)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:402)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:329)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:745)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:716)
at org.apache.jsp.examples.db_005fsearch.searching_jsp._jspService(searching_jsp.java:567)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

- Also please copy the version information from the "About" page.

JChem version: 5.11.4
JVM*: Oracle Corporation
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
1.7.0_25
OS*: i386 Linux 3.2.0-52-generic-pae

Cache details
* Server-side.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

28-08-2013 15:26:31

Thank you.

It seems the application still cannot see the license file.

It is strange the setup page does not accept a file named "license.cxl" (please double-check), the same code worked for years.

Anyway, if you set the environment variable you need to start a new session to make it effective.

Please make sure you set it for the users that runs the web server (Tomcat), and restart the web server (maybe even the OS). 

I set the environment variable: export CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL=myhome/ChemAxon/license.cxl

I assume you substitute "myhome" with the actual user home of the user that runs the Tomcat process, right ?

Please double-check you set a an absolute path, and it has no mistakes in it.

Best regards,

Szilard

User d4e43202ac

28-08-2013 20:06:43

I did the double-click on license.cxl on the sett licence.cxl.  I got the same message I got before instead of a confirmation message.  However, it started to work!  Not sure what did it, which is always troublesome, but it works.

Thanks for the help,

CDD