Reactor class problems

User 870ab5b546

25-09-2006 18:24:26

I made a copy of your Reactor examples jsp files and put them in a place where I can play around with them, but they don't compile properly. I get these errors for reactor/jsp/index.jsp:

Code:
An error occurred at line: 171 in the jsp file: /public/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:221: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable PRE

int sttype = Reactor.PRE;

^

An error occurred at line: 171 in the jsp file: /public/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:226: cannot find symbol

symbol  : method getStandardizationType()

sttype = reactor.getStandardizationType();

^

An error occurred at line: 731 in the jsp file: /public/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:791: cannot find symbol

if (sttype == Reactor.PRE) out.print("selected");

^

An error occurred at line: 733 in the jsp file: /public/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:797: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable POST

if (sttype == Reactor.POST) out.print("selected");

^

An error occurred at line: 734 in the jsp file: /public/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:800: cannot find symbol

if (sttype == (Reactor.PRE | Reactor.POST)) out.print("selected");

^

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:800: cannot find symbol

symbol  : variable POST

^

Generated servlet error:

/home/aceorg/tomcat5/work/Catalina/localhost-1.5/epoch-plugin/org/apache/jsp/public_/reactor/jsp/index_jsp.java:800: incomparable types: int and boolean

All errors are related to the method getStandardizationType() and the two constants Reactor.PRE and Reactor.POST. I know that the Reactor class has been found properly, because I am able to create instances of it. We're using the JChem build from 8/25/06. Any ideas?

ChemAxon e08c317633

26-09-2006 10:55:08

PRE/POST/PRE-POST standardization (and getStandardizationType() method) will be removed from the Reactor API from JChem 3.2 version, that's why the Reactor JSP example released with JChem 3.1.7 does not work with the JChem 3.2 test release.

We have decided not only to deprecate, but to remove this feature, because nobody used it (except us in the JSP example), and we have found a better solution for standardization. The Reactor JSP example has been already updated to work with the new release, it will be available with the final JChem 3.2 release.