ChemAxon Reactor

User 5b7b568917

04-06-2006 16:48:07

Hi, I am trying to use Chemaxon' reactor in my application.

I saw the command line interface for the reactor and also the .jsp interface.

I would like to know how I can incorporate this reactor in my application. For example I have a page with inputs of reaction and reaction with marvin sketcher. I would like to have a button which when clicked runs the backend command prompt commands for the reactor.

Also if I would like to mimic the jsp page in my application, Could you please tell me which variables are needed to be taken into account.

I highly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Usha

ChemAxon fb166edcbd

04-06-2006 22:18:45

What kind of development environment are you using?

The Reactor JSP uses the JSP technology on the server side and the marvin applets with JavaScript access on the client side. I am not sure how to invoke the react command line interface on the server side - the JSP application uses the Reactor API.

One option is that you use the same technique - the JSP application is included in the JChem release in the examples/reactor/jsp directory under the JChem installation dir. The react.jsp file here is a simple JSP application, also can be tried at:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/examples/reactor/jsp/react.jsp

The Reactor JSP application with all the reaction - rule - reactant and parameter settings is quite complex and not very user friendly to read.

Feel free to post any further questions.

User 5b7b568917

05-06-2006 03:21:51

Thanks for your reply. We are trying to build a front end(GUI) using java and html where the user can use the marvin reactor from our application.

This application is for a frontend application for a database we are developing.

We are using MArvin tools to develop our frontend.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Usha

ChemAxon fb166edcbd

05-06-2006 22:54:42

I suggest that you should look into the source JSP files in

examples/reactor/jsp - under your JChem installation directory.

The main files are index.jsp, reactants.jsp and result.jsp.

I hope you can make use of them.

Come back to me with any further questions.