Reactor command line error

User 5c41bb2778

22-01-2013 01:57:25

Hi,

I was going to run react with command mode, but there is a error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: chemaxon.alchemist.reactor.ReactorAlchemist (unrecognized class file version)

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.7rh)

at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.7rh)

The GUI mode of Reactor is working.

ChemAxon 2db1f4037e

22-01-2013 09:14:09

Hi,

It seems that you are trying to use an incompatible java runtime. Please post the output of "java -version" from command line where you experience the problem with the "react" command.

Also, please try to run "react -h" to check if the command line interface is working properly.

When you execute "react" without any arguments, it will launch the GUI, but you said that the GUI is working, so I assume it is working when executed with a launcher (an "icon" representation in your Applications or in your Desktop). If you have multiple java versions installed, the launcher uses the proper one, but your command line tries to use another, which is not compatible with the binary distribution.

If the java version of the command line and the java version of the launcher differs, we have your problem. (The command line java version is the output of "java -version" command as described above, and you can check the launcher version by executing Marvin Sketch with the launcher and check the java version in the Help/About menu.)

Most likely this issue can be solved with alternatives or update-alternatives command by setting your default command line java to the supported one. If you post your operating system distribution and version (I suppose you are using linux) I will be happy assist you further with that if necessary.

User 5c41bb2778

28-01-2013 02:23:23

Thanks for your reply.

Encloses is the output when I type "jave -version" :

java version "1.4.2"

gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52)

Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

And the output is same as before when I type "react -h".

The linux version I used is CentOS release 5.8

ChemAxon 2db1f4037e

28-01-2013 06:08:22

Here we are, that is the problem: you need a newer java version to use ChemAxon products, at the moment Java6 (1.6.x) is required. Also, it is recommended to use the "official" Oracle java version.

Please note that the installer may contain an embedded Java version, thats why it is working from the launcher. You can use that particular Java if you want, but I recommend to install Java 6 from Oracle. You can download it from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp (you will need the Linux RPM version).

If you need help with installing and configuring Java, please check out the CentOS howto: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaRuntimeEnvironment

Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.