Error installing JChem Cartridge Service

User 773d472e7f

22-10-2012 16:22:11

I have tried to install JChem Cartridge on:

- Windows Server 2012 (64bit) Standerd Edition

- Oracle Eneteprise edition v 11.2.0

- JDK 1.7 (Oracle)

Installation of the jchem schema succeeds but installation of the JChem Service fails with the error text in the attached file.

Please advise how I should proceed.

Many thanks

Bernard

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

22-10-2012 17:22:34

Have you checked the hits returned from searching this forum for the terms JChem Cartridge windows service ?

Have you managed to install JChem Cartridge as a Windows service on other Windows Server instances/versions or is this your first attempt ever?

Peter

User 773d472e7f

23-10-2012 06:48:20

Dear Peter

(In addition to my reply e-mail reply I am posting this directly into the forum)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your email, My replies in the order of your questions:

1. Yes, I saw nothing helpfull.

2. Yes, on WS2003 32bit, Oracle 11.1.0: installed with to problems.

Regards

Bernard

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

23-10-2012 15:56:33

Dear Bernard,

Did you also check this one: https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewpost35820.html#35820 ? This apparently a security feature introduced since WS 2003... (chemoteraphy a la Microsoft making it difficult to use the system for administrators and intruders alike.)

Peter

User 773d472e7f

24-10-2012 13:30:58

Dear Peter,

OK that did it, and I can proceed with my installation, thanks.

=======

BUT I thought (and I am sure you also thought): why did I not find this case in my search? did I not really look?...... So I went back and tried again with these results:

1) searched for: JChem Cartridge install error :  THIS thread appears at position 12. Not bad but not great!

2) searched for: Problems installing JChem Service: THIS thread appears at position 15. and no sight of the thread that you sent, sorry but 5 screen pages down and I have stopped looking. This result is DESPITE the fact that the search uses the exact title of that thread.

=======

Looking at the post data shows that you resolved this post c.16 months ago. Did you use search to find this post or did you just remember.

I much prefer to get the answers to my questions from already answered questions. But search has to work for this to happen.

Kind regards,

Bernard D'Alwis 

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

24-10-2012 15:22:13

Dear Bernard,

I used the following search terms: JChem Cartridge windows service . The thread (topic) in question is the 5th entry in the hit list including my last post of October 22nd to this present topic. (So it may be the 6th after create this post.) (Rest assured, I am very dissatisfied with this forum software. There has been a project dragging on to replace it for quite some time -- I don't know how better searcheable the new one will be.)

I also remembered that particular case as I spent about two days FTE only to find that the source of the problem is a trivial user error (triggered by an operating system administration interface inviting for all sorts of user errors).

Peter

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

24-10-2012 15:30:05

For efficient searches in the forum, I recommend 

- Going to the main ChemAxon site

- Entering the term in the Google search-box (top-right)

- Clicking the Support Forum tab

User 773d472e7f

24-10-2012 15:50:26

Thank you for showing this.

I never would have used that search approach.

It made sense to use the search box in the forum to search the forum.

Now I know better.

Regards

Bernard.