A problem using a JChem index with multiple oracle user

User 10a23c54c1

21-09-2005 06:34:24

I have the same problem I have reported earlier by email while trying to use JChem indexes by multiple Oracle users.

In my case the JChem objects are owned by the schema 'JCHEM_CARTRIDGE' with DBA privileges. I also have a 'user' schema say 'JCHEM_USER' with normal privileges and it has a role with permissions generated by the SQL query

select 'grant execute on ' || a.OBJECT_NAME || ' to JCHEM;' from all_objects a where a.OWNER= 'JCHEM_CARTRIDGE' and a.OBJECT_TYPE in ('PACKAGE', 'FUNCTION', 'OPERATOR', 'TYPE', 'INDEXTYPE', 'PROCEDURE', 'PACKAGE BODY', 'TYPE BODY') union all select 'grant select on ' || a.OBJECT_NAME || ' to JCHEM;' from all_objects a where a.OWNER = 'JCHEM_CARTRIDGE' and a.OBJECT_TYPE in ('SEQUENCE', 'TABLE');

as you have recommended. Now when I index a table in JCHEM_CARTRIDGE and index it as JCHEM_CARTRIDGE, 'JCHEM_USER' is able to use it without any problems. However, it doesn't work if I try the opposite; when I create and index a table with JCHEM_USER and then try a structural search as JCHEM_CARTRIDGE here is what I get

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29925: cannot execute JCHEM_CARTRIDGE.JC_IDXTYPE_IM.ODCIINDEXSTART

ORA-00904: : invalid identifier

while JCHEM_USER is able to use the index. It seems that JCHEM_USER has all the permissions and JCHEM_CARTRIDGE is DBA so it has access to all the tables. Can you please help me to figure out what is wrong with my setup?

Thanks

Hayk

GNF

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

22-09-2005 09:29:40

Hayk,

Is the 'JCHEM_CARTRIDGE' user able to use structure tables in its own schema?

Peter

User 10a23c54c1

22-09-2005 17:02:55

Yes, JCHEM_CARTRIDGE is able to use the indexes on the tables in its own schema.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

23-09-2005 15:32:36

Hayk,
Quote:

ERROR at line 1:

Is this the entire error message? Please, could you check the Oracle trace for this session (in $ORACLE_BASE/admin/<your-db>/udump). Is there maybe something interesting (or more) in the session trace file?

Peter

User 10a23c54c1

23-09-2005 16:40:35

There isn't much useful information in the trace file. I would say there is too little information: even the statement I'm trying to execute is not there. I attach the file anyway.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

26-09-2005 08:38:49

What is the command you are trying to execute?

Do you issue it using sqlplus or it is generated by an application?

Is this really really the entire error message you get? Does it begin with an asterix?????

Try to grant the same privileges to JCHEM_CARTRIDGE as to JCHEM_USER.

User 10a23c54c1

26-09-2005 21:15:38

Here is the full output of SQL Plus

SQL> select * from structure where jc_tanimoto(jc_smiles,'c1ccccc1')>0.9;

select * from structure where jc_tanimoto(jc_smiles,'c1ccccc1')>0.9

ERROR at line 1:

SQL>

I have granted all the privileges I could think of. Eventually I ended up having both of my users with DBA role so I don't think granting more privileges will help.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

27-09-2005 07:28:16

I have just noticed the little ':' in the error message. The message says ':' is an invalid identifier. In the ODCIIndexStart routines I cannot find anything even remotely resembling a ':' identifier. (And there is obviously none in your SQL statement.)

On the Oracle metalink you can find a number of reports of the
Quote:
error message. Reading these reports I have the general impression that Oracle emits this obscure error message for certain kinds of unexpected/unhandled/error situations. I suggest to look at these reports (such as http://www.metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=FOR&p_id=652012.995 ), maybe you can find some hints in them. If you cannot, I suggest to raise a tar with your Oracle technical support.