Problem with command-line jcman

User d4e43202ac

26-02-2012 23:40:21

I am trying to configure a postgresql database on a remote server for access using db_example.  I have an essentially identical database on my local device, which I set up with graphical jchemmanager.  The following command gives the properties of local structure table.

$ jcman --driver org.postgresql.Driver --dburl jdbc:postgresql://localhost/d3_jchem --proptable JChemProperties --login rwharper t structure

The same command on the remote server gives the following error:

$ /var/www/html/java/bin/jcman --driver org.postgresql.Driver --dburl jdbc:postgresql://localhost/d3_jchem --proptable JChemProperties --login harper t structure
Cannot connect:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "harper"
    at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:276)
    at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:95)
    at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:124)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
    at org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.<init>(Jdbc3Connection.java:24)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:386)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:260)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:620)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:200)
    at chemaxon.util.ConnectionHandler.setConnected(ConnectionHandler.java:275)
    at chemaxon.util.ConnectionHandler.connect(ConnectionHandler.java:312)
    at chemaxon.jchem.Command.run(Command.java:618)
    at chemaxon.jchem.Command.main(Command.java:216)

I am trying to create the 'structure' table (which I hope to accomplish when I can connect).  Note that the password is not required. 

Do you suppose the problem arises because I am logged in remotely?

The command 'psql d3_jchem -U harper' logs me into the database.  Password is only required if I am logging in as another user.

I appreciate your help.

CDD

ChemAxon abe887c64e

27-02-2012 07:50:32

Hi William,

Please, try to add to the command: --password "" to ensure to associate no password to the given login name. 

Best Regards,

Krisztina