Invalid Chemical Terms filter error

User e34a92cce5

27-07-2005 15:13:23

Hello,

Whenver I try the chemical terms filter search, I get the following error message. However, I have the academic license file in the chemaxon directory and I am able to see more than one logD value.

Invalid Chemical Terms filter:

No valid license key has been found for logDPlugin. The maximal number of calls (1) without a license key has been reached. Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain a license key. No valid license key has been found for logDPlugin. The maximal number of calls (1) without a license key has been reached. Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain a license key. No valid license key has been found for logDPlugin. The maximal number of calls (1) without a license key has been reached. Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain a license key. No valid license key has been found for logDPlugin. The maximal number of calls (1) without a license key has been reached. Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain a license key.

Please click here to return to the query page.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

27-07-2005 15:37:38

Hi Renju,

Please be aware that the web server's home directory (the home directory of the user that owns the web server process) may be different than your user home.

In this case you must also copy the license file under the web server's user home in the "chemaxon" (or ".chemaxon" under Linux) directory.

If multiple users need the license key (for running standalone applications like "msketch"), the file should be found under their user home too.

With some web servers (e.g. Tomcat) sometimes it can be hard to determine the server's user home (especially under Windows running as system service), so we plan to provide a simple utility to upload the license file without having to know the web server's home directory.

Until then here's a quick tip:

If you are using our JSP example you should have a ".jchemsite" file directly in the home directory of the web server. Simply locate this file on your system to determine where the server's home directory is.

Best regards,

Szilard

User e34a92cce5

27-07-2005 16:48:11

Hi Szilard,

I was wondering if there is a setdotDir method to set the home directory for the chemaxon .jchemsite files; with the currrent app they are saving them to the /root directory on a Linux machine that I cannot access. Any ways to work around this.

Thanks!

Renju

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

28-07-2005 08:06:39

Hi Renju,

There is no way to alter this directory in the current version.

There are two possible solutions for your problem:

1. Ask the system administrator to copy the file into the appropriate place

2. Try to upload the file via the attached JSP pages.

- copy them somewhere under the web server's context (they should be under the same directory)

- load "setlicense.jsp" in your browser, and upload the file.

The file should be saved at the appropriate location with the appropriate name.

Don't forget to restart the web server.

Let me know if this works.

Szilard

User e34a92cce5

28-07-2005 17:10:14

Thanks, Szilard. The sys admin copied the files to a new directory served by apache. I copied the license file there and everything seems to run fine

Rgds

Renju

User e34a92cce5

12-09-2005 20:36:22

Hi Szilard,

I was wondering if this issue has been resolved in the current releases of JChem

Renju

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

13-09-2005 07:18:11

Hi Renju,

The license file has to be in the specified location, and probably we will not change this.

The JSP pages helping the upload of the license file are part of the JChem package since 3.1, they can be found under the util/license/ directory.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 0004e098c1

13-09-2005 14:47:20

Szilard wrote:

The license file has to be in the specified location, and probably we will not change this.

You must realize that in many production environments, app servers are run under dedicated accounts with typically no home directory (e.g., as user "apache"). How hard can it possibly be to pass in the license file directory?

--Jim

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

13-09-2005 15:14:36

Hi,

You can always set a user home by setting the "user.home" system property for the JVM.

As a JVM option it can be set the following way:

Code:

-Duser.home=<path>

Since JVM options can be set for Java capable servers, it should not be a problem if the account has no real home directory.

Best regards,

Szilard