problem installing cartridge on dev and live DBs

User 6482bd03ab

13-07-2005 16:15:04

Hello,

I am using a single installation of tomcat 4.1.31.

I have installed JChem version 3.0.12 on my 'dev' DB (Oracle 10.1.0.3.0) successfully. I tried to install the cartridge on a separate 'live' DB (Oracle 10.1.0.3.0) on the same server as the 'dev' DB.

The installation initially was successful and the test.sh showed no errors for the 'live' DB.

However, no JChemProperties table was created on the 'live' DB for the jchem owner or my jchem user.

I tried to get around this by connecting to the 'live' DB through the jcman GUI. Once I connected it asked if I wished to create the JChemProperties table and create an new environment, I selected yes. So the JchemProperties table was created in both the jchem owner and the jchem user.

When I created and index and ran a jc_contains query I recieved the following error:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSQLException: ORA-01003: no statement parsed

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 32

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 140

ORA-06512: at line 1

I have attached the catalina.out since the second installation.

The first question is, how come the first installation was succesful but the second one wasn't?

Is this an error or have I done something wrong with the installation?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gemma

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-07-2005 16:36:26

Hi Gemma,
Quote:
However, no JChemProperties table was created on the 'live' DB for the jchem owner or my jchem user.
Normally, JChem Cartridge will create the jchemproperties table the first time it is needed -- as the first jc_idxtype index is created.
Quote:
ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSQLException: ORA-01003: no statement parsed

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 32

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 140

ORA-06512: at line 1

Please, could you send me the session trace file (from $ORACLE_BASE/admin/<your-db>/udump) corresponding to this session? (It will contain the line "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSQLException: ORA-01003: no statement parsed".)
Quote:
The first question is, how come the first installation was succesful but the second one wasn't?
By second installation, do you mean the installation on the 'live' DB? (But I do not know at this point, anyway. I need the Java stack trace in the session trace file.)

Thanks

Peter

User 6482bd03ab

13-07-2005 16:58:00

I did mean the 'live' DB as the second installation.

I have attached the udump trace file.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-07-2005 17:12:47

In your user schema, do you have a jc_idx_property table?

User 6482bd03ab

13-07-2005 17:16:47

No

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-07-2005 17:23:58

Hmm...and were you able to successfully create a jc_idxtype index?

I suggest to drop the jc_idxtype index(es) you might have created so far, log into a fresh sqlplus session and try to create a jc_idxtype index again. The jc_idx_property table should be (and should have been) created (automatically) during index index creation.

Let me know what you see.

Peter

User 6482bd03ab

13-07-2005 18:13:13

The table is not created. Do you need the trace file again?

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

14-07-2005 07:56:32

Aha, I know what happens. Your Tomcat installation is probably talking to the 'dev' DB, so it is there that the jc_idx_property table is created.

I know this is very, very awkward, but currently a Tomcat installation can talk to just one DB (speaking in the context of JChem Cartridge of course). So either

(1) you reconfigure your existing Tomcat installation so that it points to your 'live' DB (using the web-based configuration interface of jchemstreams) (in this case your 'dev' DB will become unusable) or

(2) create a new Tomcat installation (listening at a different port) and reinstall JChem Cartridge in the 'live' DB so that it points to this second Tomcat installation.

(There are other possibilities like reconfiguring your existing Tomcat to talk to the 'live' DB and creating a second Tomcat installation talking to the 'dev' DB, but in this case you have to reinstall the 'dev' DB to point to the second Tomcat installation.)

Also, the two Tomcat installations needs to be started using different user identities, since the configuration (including the pointer to the DB to talk to) is stored in the user's home directory who starts Tomcat. If two Tomcat installations are started using the same user, they will share the same configuration (i. e. configuring either of them will mutually overwrite the same configuration file).

I know this very, very awkward, but I will try to find time to improve on this in JChem 3.1.

Peter

User 6482bd03ab

14-07-2005 08:50:47

Thanks very much for your help Peter. Is there a planned date for release of 3.1?

I think i'll just stick with the one installation on the live DB for now, especially if you are working on changing this.

Thanks again,

Gemma

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

14-07-2005 10:24:22

Quote:
Is there a planned date for release of 3.1?
A couple of weeks after the release of Marvin 4.0. Marvin 4.0 will be released soon.

Peter