JChem Service Windows

User 8b9e7d3dee

30-12-2010 22:22:18

Hi,

I'm trying to install multiple versions of JChem cartridge on Windows Server 2008.  There is an issue with the service only allowing me to use the name JChemCartridgeService.  This causes an error because multiple instances are trying to use the same service name, and I have to delete the previous versions service in order to complete an install of a newer version of the cartridge.  Is there a way to manually recreate the services using procrun service manager, so there can be multiple versions of the cartridge on the same windows server.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

30-12-2010 23:41:06

Hi Charles,

If you add the following line to jchem/cartridge/conf/logging.properties, you will see how prunsrv.exe is used to create the service:

chemaxon.util.RuntimeUtils.level = FINEST

In my environment the relevant line in jchem/cartridge/jcart0.log is this:

FINEST: Starting C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge\prunsrv-amd64.exe //IS//JChemCartridgeService --DisplayName=JChem Cartridge Service --Install=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge\prunsrv-amd64 --JavaHome=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_21\jre --Jvm=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_21\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll --JvmOptions=-Xrs#-Doracle.home=null#-Dchemaxon.jchem.cartridge.config.file=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge\conf\jcart.properties --Classpath=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\lib\jchem.jar --StartMode=jvm --StopMode=jvm --StartClass=chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.server.Bootstrapper --StartParams=start --StartPath=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge --StopClass=chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.server.Bootstrapper --StopParams=stop --StopPath=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge --StdOutput=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge\logs\server.stdout --StdError=C:\Users\Administrator\chemaxon\packages\jchem-5.4.0.1\cartridge\logs\server.stderr ...

The names are specified by these arguments:

//IS//JChemCartridgeService --DisplayName=JChem Cartridge Service

Of the remaining arguments, those specifying paths need to be changed to reflect the location of your Java runtime and/or the location of the JChem Cartridge instance the Windows service is being set up for.

I have opened a task to allow users to specify custom names for the Windows service during installation.

Peter