jcman command line: deleting records; mrv import

User 173254b396

29-10-2010 10:47:30

Hi,

- Is there a way to delete records from a database table using the jcman command line?

- Is there a way to put the [Molecule title] in a Marvin document into a database field?

Using the gui I can do both but I have not found anything in the description of the command line.

Any help is appreciated,

Péter

JChem 5.3.8; Java 1.6.0_14

ChemAxon e274e1bada

29-10-2010 11:52:45

Hi,

- Is there a way to delete records from a database table using the jcman command line? 

It has no option for this in the jcman command line. As long as we improve the jcman command line functionalities, this option will be there and notify you when it will be released.

- Is there a way to put the [Molecule title] in a Marvin document into a database field?

It is possible, you can use the --nametofield <fieldname> parameter on import. The specified fieldname will contain the molecule names.

Regards, Edvard

User 173254b396

29-10-2010 12:11:36

Thanks. The import  works fine, now. Is parameter --nametofield undocumented? There is no sign of it in the description of jcman command line usage.

Péter

ebuki wrote:

Hi,

It has no option for this in the jcman command line. As long as we improve the jcman command line functionalities, this option will be there and notify you when it will be released.

It is possible, you can use the --nametofield <fieldname> parameter on import. The specified fieldname will contain the molecule names.

Regards, Edvard

ChemAxon e274e1bada

29-10-2010 12:43:48

I checked the command line help in JChem 5.3.8 and I saw that among the import options. If you did not see it there, please send me the 'Options for import' passage from the command line help.

Edvard

User 173254b396

29-10-2010 13:04:57

Hi Edvard,

You are right the command line help lists this. I checked and I was using the description from:https://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/index.html#install. It is missing there.

Thanks again, Péter

ChemAxon e274e1bada

29-10-2010 13:10:14

As I see this option lacks from the admin guide. It has been fixed, it  will be released in 5.4

Thanks for the report.