Structure Checker in the Cartridge

User 77bcbbb206

20-09-2010 18:13:30

Is the structure checker functionality available in the JChem cartridge?  I know that generally everything is done in java and available through jchem base but I can't seem to find how I would use it in Oracle.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

20-09-2010 18:31:33

Jim,

This functionality will be available through jc_evaluate(_x) in the form of Chemical Terms starting with JChem version 5.4.

Preview of the documentation:

1. The following SQL query checks the structure for errors, according to the configuration:

select jc_evaluate('C[C](C)(C)(C)c1ccocc1', 'isValid("aromaticity..valence..queryAtom..queryBond")') from dual;

Returns 0 indicating that the structure is not valid.

2. The following SQL query checks the structure for errors, according to the configuration, returns the result (passed/failed) along with (in the case of the structure is invalid) a short explanation why the structure is invalid:

select jc_evaluate_x('C[C](C)(C)(C)c1ccocc1', 'chemTerms:check("aromaticity..valence..queryAtom..queryBond")') from dual;

Returns:

failed, Aromaticity Error Checker: 6 wrong aromatic bonds found, Valence Error Checker: 1 atom with valence problem found

3. The following SQL queries check the structure for errors, according to the configuration, and then fixe the errors:

select jc_evaluate_x('[H]C1=C([H])C([H])=C([3H])C([2H])=C1[1H]', 
    'chemTerms:fix("explicitH->removeExplicitH..valence->fixValence..bondAngle->clean..atomMap..abbrevGroup->contractGroup")') from dual;

returns:

c1ccccc1

select jc_evaluate_x('[CH3:1][C:3]([OH:2])=[O:4]', 
    'chemTerms:fix("explicitH->removeExplicitH..valence->fixValence..bondAngle->clean..atomMap..abbrevGroup->contractGroup")') from dual;

returns:

CC(O)=O

Peter

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

01-12-2010 18:20:42

Jim,

JChem 5.4.0.0 has been released with this feature included.

Peter