jchem cartridge index

User a0ee4512d1

20-07-2010 23:12:20

Hi Peter,

I tried to install cartridge (version 5.15) on oracle 11g running on linux. I exactly followed the installation guide. I successfully installed cartridge into schema "jchem". When I tried to create index for a schema "chembl_05", I got exception:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleSQLException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 67
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 17

So far, I have got jchem cartridge work on other two machines. But every time, I have no idea how I got it work. Generally, I just tried various commands, and finally it worked.

Could you help me with this message? This time, I do not want to try various commands. Once I get it work, I will email you the exact steps I used to get it work. I hope that someday jchem does have an instruction that works.

Thanks,

Yuhong Wang

NCGC, NIH, Rockville, Maryland, USA

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

21-07-2010 21:57:31

Hi Youhong, 

> I tried to install cartridge (version 5.15) on oracle 11g

You probably mean version 5.1.5 -- I don't think JChem had more than 6 sub-version of 5.1. (It had seven, including 5.1.0)

> I hope that someday jchem does have an instruction that works.

We continually improve the quality of our products. This includes the installation procedure, which have been significantly improved in recent versions. If you're unhappy with 5.1.5, you may consider trying a more recent version of JChem Cartridge (5.2.6 should be fairly stable).

Regarding the error message: the database user must be missing some privileges. You certainly did perform the steps described in jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#users, didn't you? Could you, please, post the corresponding Java stack trace from the Oracle session trace file?

Thanks

Peter