JChem 5.3.2rc1 Windows Installation

User 8b9e7d3dee

13-04-2010 20:24:18

Hi,

I am trying to install the JChem cartridge on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with Oracle 11g (11.0.7.0 patch).  After entering the information I get an access error on port 1099.  I have given opened inbound and outbound access on this port but I'm still having a problem. 

Proceed with the Install? (y,n) [n]: y
INFO: Creating schema jchem
INFO: Checking JChem Server at 192.168.0.11:1099...
INFO: Loading PL/SQL script C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\jcar
t.jar into jchem's schema...
INFO: Loading PL/SQL script C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\jche
m_cart.sql_i into jchem's schema...
INFO: Loading PL/SQL script C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\jche
m_util.sql into jchem's schema...
m_opti.sql into jchem's schema...
INFO: Loading PL/SQL script C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\priv
man.sql into jchem's schema...
INFO: Testing with user jchem...
SEVERE: Sql failed: call jchem_core_pkg.use_password('jchem')
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exceptio
n: java.lang.Exception: Problem connecting to JChemServer: rmi://192.168.0.11:10
99: the Permission (java.net.SocketPermission localhost resolve) has not been gr
anted to JCHEM. The PL/SQL to grant this is dbms_java.grant_permission( 'JCHEM',
 'SYS:java.net.SocketPermission', 'localhost', 'resolve' )
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 52
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 54

at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.ja
va:70)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:1
31)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java
:204)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:413)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.receive(T4C8Oall.java:1034)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:183)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForRows(T4CStatement.java:942)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStateme
nt.java:1222)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeInternal(OracleStatement.ja
va:1770)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1739)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.execute(OracleStatementWrap
per.java:299)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.Schema.executeSql(Schema.java:1524)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.Installer.test(Installer.java:177)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.Installer.install(Installer.java:83)

at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.install(InstallCmdLin
e.java:161)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.install(InstallCmdLin
e.java:89)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.main(InstallCmdLine.j
ava:699)
C:\Program Files (x86)\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge>

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Charles

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

14-04-2010 09:21:28

Hi Charles,

Your problem looks very similar to this: https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewpost25181.html#25181 . It must have been caused by some obscure network setting. We could never really get to the bottom of it, but the following reportedly helped: 

But only when i changed IP to localhost in both tnsmanes.ora and listener.ora, the installation process is successful (installation always failed if i use IP, please also refer attached file for the setting details of tnsmans.ora and listener.ora files and the content of /etc/hosts.).

Let me know whether this helps in your case. (I assume you plan to run JChem Server on the same host as Oracle.)

Regards,

Peter

User 8b9e7d3dee

14-04-2010 15:08:47

Changing the HOST in tnsnames.ora to localhost, and the HOST in the listener to the server name fixed the problem.  Also, during installation with the .bat file, we found that you need to make sure you run the command prompt as administrator or it will not create the service for JCHEM. 

Thanks again,

Charles

User 8b9e7d3dee

14-04-2010 15:09:04

Changing the HOST in tnsnames.ora to localhost, and the HOST in the listener to the server name fixed the problem.  Also, during installation with the .bat file, we found that you need to make sure you run the command prompt as administrator or it will not create the service for JCHEM. 

Thanks again,

Charles