JChem_Blob_Pkg

User 8b9e7d3dee

12-04-2010 18:50:56

Hi,

I've created some user defined functions that are using the jchem_core_pkg and they are working fine.  However, if I create similar functions and operators that use the jchem_blob_package, I receive an error stating that java.lang.string cannot be converted to BLOB.  Is there documentation on using the blob package and is the return type of JChemCartModule of the UDF need to be something other than object when using the Blob package?

I'm also using the standardizer in both packages and I want to pass the molstring and the filepath to the config.xml file.  Is this possible with the api in the package?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-04-2010 08:20:58

Hi Charles,

There is no documentation on the jchem_blob_pkg as such. Which function/procedure are you trying to use in it?

The expected return type of JChemCartModule is the same for all supported Oracle data types. It is only the allowed length of the return value which is different (and is actually enforced by Oracle). Note that the Java object returned by JChemCartModule currently needs to be convertible to String (Object.toString()) and keep its meaning during the conversion.

The Standardizer configuration must be passed literally to the "standardize" functions as described in the documentation. Referring to a configuration file will not currently work.

Peter

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-04-2010 14:06:36

Hi Charles,

After looking at this more closely, there is a bug in the BLOB and CLOB implementations of the user defined functions (send_user_func) resulting into the same error you reported. (The code line included in the reported error message may have misled me...perhaps I looked into the wrong JCC version.)

The bug will be fixed in the next minor version.

Regards,

Peter

User 8b9e7d3dee

13-04-2010 20:28:38

Hi,

To confirm, the lateset version is 5.3.2rc1, so this will be fixed in 5.3.3?

Thanks,

Charles

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

13-04-2010 20:56:54

Hi,

As far as I know at this point, this will be fixed in 5.3.2.

Regards,

Peter

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

19-04-2010 16:30:25

Hi,

JChem 5.3.2 has been released with the fix.

Peter