compile warnings

User 870ab5b546

01-03-2010 16:40:08

I am getting a lot of compiler warnings since I upgraded to JChem 5.3.1.

bob@epoch:epoch$ make compile
javac -deprecation -Xlint:all -d /home/aceorg/aceorg/DEV-2.2/epoch-plugin/build -classpath /home/aceorg/aceorg/DEV-2.2/epoch-plugin/build:/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jchem.jar:/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derby.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/lib/commons-dbcp.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/lib/commons-pool.jar:/home/aceorg/aceorg/DEV-2.2/epoch-plugin/lib/LewisSketch.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/lib/servlet-api.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/lib/commons-lang.jar:/usr/share/tomcat6/lib/commons-math.jar:/home/aceorg/aceorg/DEV-2.2/courseware/build Utils.java
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_cs.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_de_DE.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_es.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_fr.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_hu.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_it.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_ja_JP.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_ko_KR.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_pl.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_pt_BR.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_ru.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_zh_CN.jar": no such file or directory
warning: [path] bad path element "/home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-2.2/lib/jdbc/derbyLocale_zh_TW.jar": no such file or directory

Note the link to the derby.jar file in the compiler command.  Why are we getting these warnings?

ChemAxon e274e1bada

02-03-2010 22:56:49

Hi,

do you use derby in your application? It seems the localized derby jars and Jchem supported derby.jar made conflict. I wonder how do that localized derby jars got into to the build path?

Edvard

User 870ab5b546

02-03-2010 23:47:32

No, I put the derby.jar file in the path to try to end the warnings.  It did not help.  I get the same warnings with or without it.  I was just expecting that if I didn't have it in there, you would tell me to put it in.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

03-03-2010 03:51:07

Hi Bob,

The files are referenced from the manifest of the derby.jar supplied with JChem, which is referenced from the manifest of jchem.jar (the latter means derby.jar is always in your classpath if you use jchem.jar).

If you are not using a Derby database, you may safely ignore the warning or remove the references from the MANIFEST.MF files (under META-INF) of either jar in the if they are disturbing.

My colleagues will examine this matter in more detail soon.

Best regards,

Szilard

ChemAxon e274e1bada

09-03-2010 14:10:02

Hi Bob,

Szilard described the problem well. We are working on the solution, I will inform you here soon.

Regards, Edvard

ChemAxon e274e1bada

12-05-2010 13:37:37

Hi Bob,

we solved this issue in 5.3.2, please check it with this version. Let me know if any problem appeared.

Regards, Edvard