invalid username/password; logon denied

User 104a68add6

05-05-2005 21:38:02

Hi,

We have duplicated our test installation [working] of the Jchem Cartridge into our production system. The configuration is the same - Tomcat is on a Linux server, and the Oracle instance is v 9.2.0.5 on Windows. Jchem is v3.0.5. We found some classes missing in the test installation;

the jars xalan.jar & xml-apis.jar took care of this. Therefore, in this production install, we loaded them right away, before any testing.

The test.sh was successful on the first try. I granted all documented permissions to the schema jchem, which owns the cartridge and we use it to run the queries.

I created the index as before:

CREATE INDEX jc_structure_idx ON structure(cd_smiles) INDEXTYPE IS jc_idxtype;

Here is our trouble:

The following query returns good results on our test system, where the structure table is replicated, but in production we get:

SQL> select ct_number from structure where jc_compare(cd_smiles, '[nH0]1ccccc1','queryType:l')=1;

select ct_number from structure where jc_compare(cd_smiles, '[nH0]1ccccc1','queryType:l')=1

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.lang.Exception: The following exception has been thrown by the servlet:

Exception: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 0

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 309

ORA-06512: at line 1

Since we followed the same procedure, we aren't sure where the authentication discrepancy is coming from. The schema/user jchem has been in existence a long time on our system.

Have you seen anything similar? Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks,

Julie Myhre

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

06-05-2005 11:33:26

Julie,

I suggest to do the following checks:

(1) Check which URL is pointed to by your production cartridge.

For example: stop the JChem Streams context in Tomcat which you believe is pointed to by your production cartridge. Run the test.sh (or test.bat) script again. The test should fail this time with an error message including a section similar to the following:

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://mylinuxhost:8090/jchemstreams/misc

Start the JChem Streams context again and the test should succeed.

(2) Test with the cartridge administration GUI whether you can connect to the database with the current JDBC settings. For the administration GUI, point your browser to the same URL which you ascertained to belong to your production JChem Streams context in the previous step. Do not forget that you must explicitly save the settings for JChem Streams to actually use them.

Do you have two Tomcat installations: one for production and one for test? Or do you have a single Tomcat installation with JChem Streams installed in two separate contexts (one context for production and one for test)? Or does your production and test system share the same JChem Streams context?

If you want to use separate users (and/or databases) for your test and production environment, you currently need two separate Tomcat installations started by different users or installed on different machines. This is a limitation of the JChem Streams implementation. The settings defining the database (JDBC) connection properties for JChem Streams are stored in the user's home directory (in the file ${HOME}/.chemaxon/.cartridge) under who's identity Tomcat has been started. Consequently, two JChem Streams contexts running in the same Tomcat instance will share the same settings. Also, the cartridge administration GUIs for such JChem Streams contexts will manipulate (and overwrite) the same settings.

Peter

User 104a68add6

06-05-2005 16:10:30

Thanks, Peter...

I went into the admin UI and reset both the jcadmin and the jchem user passwords. I tested the connection there, and was successful. I made certain the changes were saved.

I restarted Tomcat and tried the jch_compares - no login problems! I appreciate the help.

Regards,

Julie