How to uninstall the Cartridge with uninstall.bat

User e4dfb0dc6a

22-12-2009 04:09:02

Dear peter,

I want to uninstall the Cartridge of version 5.1.3_2,  then reinstall the version5.2, but I used the command of uninstall.bat cannot execute, always alert cannot open connection. For example,user name:ACD3D20083 password:ACD3D20083 use the command in MS_DOS windows: F:\ChemAxon\JChem\cartridge\uninstall.bat  ACD3D20083[/ACD3D20083] [172.29.128.50] 

Is there the wrong  in above command?

Thanks!

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

22-12-2009 17:42:38

Dear Allen,

The help message of the uninstall.bat script is unfortunately incorrect. I suggest following the installation guide instead: doc/admin/cartridge.html#uninstall .

uninstall.bat user/password[@connect_string]

The script accepts only one argument. This argument should be same as you would specify to SQL*Plus when connecting to the Oracle schema in which JChem Cartridge is installed. (connect_string is typically the TNS name for the database instance.)

Regards,

Peter

User e4dfb0dc6a

22-12-2009 18:12:45

pkovacs wrote:

Dear Allen,

The help message of the uninstall.bat script is unfortunately incorrect. I suggest following the installation guide instead: doc/admin/cartridge.html#uninstall .

uninstall.bat user/password[@connect_string]

The script accepts only one argument. This argument should be same as you would specify to SQL*Plus when connecting to the Oracle schema in which JChem Cartridge is installed. (connect_string is typically the TNS name for the database instance.)

Regards,

Peter

Dear Peter

You are right,In my oracle,there are two instance,I according to yours,specified the @connect_string,then run uninstall command,that is success!

Thanks a lot!

best wishes for you!