jcartridge installation error

User 518e6889ea

05-10-2009 16:10:49

Hi,

I was trying to install the latest JChem and Jcartridge on our RH Linux 5 server running Oracle11g database. But the interactive Jcartridge installation ran into the following error message. During the interactive installation process, since the database is running on the same server, so I took the default localhost option, also took the default port# (1099)  for JChem server too, not sure if these choices are Ok. Any advices or suggestions to resolve this issue is much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Lu Shen

# ./install-interact.sh
+ /usr/java/jre1.6.0_07/bin/java -classpath ../lib/jchem.jar:/ora11g/app/oracle/OracleHomes/db11g/jdbc/lib/ojdbc5.jar:/ora11g/app/oracle/OracleHomes/db11g/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar -Djava.util.logging.config.file=conf/logging.properties chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine --oracle-home /ora11g/app/oracle/OracleHomes/db11g

Name of the Oracle host. [localhost]:

Oracle listener port [1521]: 1549

Name of the Oracle instance [mydb]: jctest

The host name of the JChem Server [localhost]:           

The port at which the JChem Server accepts connections [1099]:

maximum memory allocated to JChem Server [700m]: 1400m
INFO: Checking JChem Server at localhost:1099...

====> Trying to start JChem Server...
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred, while starting JChem Server. Please, consult the JChem Server logs for more information.
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.checkStartNewJChemServer(InstallCmdLine.java:432)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.getCheckJChemServerParamsInteractively(InstallCmdLine.java:246)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.getParamsInteractively(InstallCmdLine.java:167)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.install(InstallCmdLine.java:87)
        at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.install.InstallCmdLine.main(InstallCmdLine.java:682)
+ set +x

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

05-10-2009 17:53:17

Hi,

This may not be connected to the problem, but I would ike to point out that you have two JDBC drivers in the classpath:

/ora11g/app/oracle/OracleHomes/db11g/jdbc/lib/ojdbc5.jar:/ora11g/app/oracle/OracleHomes/db11g/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar 

Please only use one or the other, we recomend ojdbc5.jar.

Regarding the error:

- Can you see any erros logs under "jchem/cartridge/logs" ? Could you paste the error message here ?

- Can you connect to Oracle via "jcman", what is the URL you use ?

- Is the port 1099 available ? (e.g. "netstat | grep 1099")

Best regards,

Szilard

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

06-10-2009 18:35:58

This may not be connected to the problem, but I would ike to point out that you have two JDBC drivers in the classpath:

Actually this is not a problem, I was just informed we put both of these into the classpath of the script, and only 1 of these jars are present (depending on Oracle version).

Looking forward for the answers, so we can give further advice.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 518e6889ea

26-10-2009 19:41:40

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in replying, I was out of office for a while. After checking with our sysadmin, I was told to use port 10991 instead. With that change, I was able to go further into the installation steps. But I am stuck again at this point when I typed in the cartridge owner name as 'jcartridge' (pre-created database user).

Name of the cartridge owner: JCARTRIDGE
Password of the cartridge owner:      

====> ERROR: JCARTRIDGE doesn't have java.net.SocketPermission for localhost to connect

Guess I have missed a step in granting user 'jcartridge' some privilidges? I'll check your installation guide again. But if you know what the problem is, please let me know.

Many thanks,

-Lu

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

26-10-2009 20:05:11

Hi,

I suggest to look at this part of the installation instructions:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#users

3. Grant this role the Java SocketPermission as you did for the JChem owner (this step requires SYSTEM privileges). E.g.:

call dbms_java.grant_permission( 'JCC_BASIC_ROLE', 'SYS:java.net.SocketPermission', 'localhost', 'connect,resolve');

Note that if Oracle and JChem Server are on different machines, you have to replace localhost with the name of the JChem Server host.

Oracle 10gR1 users also have to grant the following permission:

call dbms_java.grant_permission( 'JCC_BASIC_ROLE', 'SYS:java.lang.RuntimePermission', 'shutdownHooks', '')

call  dbms_java.grant_permission( 'JCC_BASIC_ROLE', 'SYS:java.util.logging.LoggingPermission', 'control', '' )

Szilard