Different versions on same server

User 17c734543a

11-08-2009 16:32:52

I've succesfully installed two different JChem servers on the same system and pointing to different Oracle instances, but these are running the same version of JChem. Now I'm trying to install a second server (version 5.2.3.2) on another system that already has version 5,1,1 with each server pointing to a different Oracle instance and I get the following error:

====> Incompatible JChem Server version is running at localhost:1098: JChem version mismatch: 5.2.3_2 required, 5.1.1 in JChem Server

====> Please, stop the incompatible JChem Server version and press <Enter>, when stopped.

Is it possible to do this or not? I've had a hunt around the forum but found no answers. The OS is 64 bit RHEL, the instances will be running Oracle versions 10.2.0.3 for the 5.1.1 server and 10.2.0.4 for the 5.2.3.2 server. There are no problems with the system running two versions of Oracle simultaneously.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

12-08-2009 08:44:10

Hi Pete,

The key is that each JChem Server server needs to be assigned its own port. During installation of JCC version 5.2.3.2, specify a free port for JChem Server. The port should be different from 1098 where a JChem Server of an earlier version is apparently running.

By the way, this also is true for same JCC versions. With same versions, if you specify the JChem Server port of an already running installation, you won't get an error during installation, but the newly installed JCC shema will use the already running JChem Server. (In the case of same versions, there is no problem with that provided that both JCC schema is in the same Oracle database instance.)

Let me know if this helps.

Peter

User 17c734543a

12-08-2009 10:14:15

Thanks for that Peter. The problem has been solved - I found that there were two Jchem servers running on the system already when I thought there was only one. I should have been more careful when checking the process listing and not relying on netstat. I've killed the unecessary Jchem server and the install has worked.