Error connecting to Tomcat

User 818520b6b8

24-03-2005 10:29:52

Hi all,

when I run test.sql for Jchem cartridge I get the following error:

select jchem_core_pkg.getenvironment() from dual

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.lang.Exception: There is a problem with the connection with Tomcat.

Please, check if Tomcat is running

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 0

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 108

Tomcat is up and running, as well as jchemstreams application.

I granted socket premissions with this command:

call dbms_java.grant_permission( 'XXXX', 'SYS:java.net.SocketPermission', 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:yyyy', 'connect,resolve' );

where XXXX is username, and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:yyyy is ip and port to access tomcat.

Tomcat is in a different machine, but it can be seen from the database machine.

I don't have any problem with a database which is installed in the same machine as Tomcat is.

Thanks.

User 818520b6b8

24-03-2005 11:00:10

Found the solution.

I installed the cartridge without indicating the url for jchemstreams application so the installer assumed it was localhost.

Thanks.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

24-03-2005 12:44:09

You should be able to use JChem Cartridge with Oracle and Tomcat installed on different machines. The most probable source of the problem is that you misspelled the JChem Streams URL during installation. The best way to check this is to open on the Oracle machine a WEB-browser and point to the exact URL you specified during installation. If your Tomcat is running and is correctly configured on the other machine, you should see the JChem Streams WEB-page in your browser. If you can successfully call up the JChem Streams WEB-page with your browser on the Oracle machine, JChem Cartridge will also find it.