jcsearch and .jchem file

User 26c54ae8b9

07-01-2009 21:58:10

Hi Chemaxon,

I execute jcsearch in 2 databases and i must execute jcman before in order to switch between database No1 and No2.

Is it possible to use jcsearch without the file .jchem ?

Or is it possible to use many .jchem files ?

Thanks,

Karim.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

08-01-2009 18:30:17

Hi Karim,

This is not possible currently, jcsearch will always use the .jcman file in the user home/.chemaxon directory.

In general you could copy/replace this file, but as far as I understand from your previous post you are using this from a PHP application, where this is not an option.

For most other tools we also offer to specify explicitly the connection parameters as a command-line arguments foe each individual call.

This feature was not implemented for jcsearch yet due to lack of interest.

We will try to squeeze this functionality into the next major release.

Some general comments about using .jcsearch in a web application:

1. jcsearch always starts up a new Java Virtual Machine (JVM), loads the Structure Cache, performs the search, then the cache with the JVM is lost.

So it is not the most efficient solution (especially for big databases).

2. JSP web applications are pretty easy to develop with some basic Java knowledge. If you are in a position to consider switching to JSP it would provide the ultimate in efficiency and flexibility (direct Java API access).

Some more efficient technologies from PH include the Oracle Cartridge, where you can manage your own connections from PHP and use SQL queries to access a wide range of ChemAxon functionality.

http://www.chemaxon.com/product/jc_cart.html

We will also plan to come out with SOAP web service for the next major release.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 26c54ae8b9

08-01-2009 20:22:17

OK, thanks for details !

For moment i use jcsearch in command line. Perhaps, i will use JSP in the future. I will be very happy and grateful i you can include this functionnality into the next major release (or perhaps in beta version ?).

Thanks again,

This post is closed.

Karim.