Random error jcsearch : java.sql.SQLException: The table...

User 26c54ae8b9

29-12-2008 17:32:00

Dear Chemaxon,

I use jcsearch utilitie but i have random error. jcsearch works fine and suddenly i have this error message :

java.sql.SQLException: The table xxxx doesn't exist or size of fingerprint

is not properly set in property table "jchemproperties".

The only solution is to delete my table xxxx and create a new table, and import again my data with jchem manager. I can't regenerate tables because jchem manager say "no table to generate".

Is it a bug ?

Version : 5.1.4 / windows XP SP2.

ChemAxon fa971619eb

29-12-2008 17:46:55

This seems to be related to jcman or jchemsearch, so I have moved it to the JChemBase/cartridge forum where you should hopefully get a answer soon.

I think it will be useful to know how you have generated the table that you are trying to search. Was this done with JChem manager?

Also, what database are you using, and is that also running on Windows XP?

Tim

User 26c54ae8b9

29-12-2008 19:22:43

OK, thanks tdudgeon.

I create table with jchem manager or with sql.

With sql, i create table "xx_ul" and i insert records in table jchemproperties.

With jchem manager i have less this problem than with sql.

Is it possible to create tables (jchemproperties, ul) with sql rather than jchem manager ?

Info : Database : Mysql / APACHE 2 / WINDOWS XP

Thanks ,

Karim.

User 26c54ae8b9

29-12-2008 21:22:31

I have more precision...

When i have the problem, i reboot my computer and it's ok.

Karim.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

30-12-2008 03:06:49

Hi Karim,
Quote:

Is it possible to create tables (jchemproperties, ul) with sql rather than jchem manager ?
Creating or manipulating JChem tables (including the property table and helper tables) is only recommended trough ChemAxon tools, if you are doing such "hacking" you do it on your own responsibility.

The fact that you cannot regenerate the tables is probably one of the adverse effects of the non-standard usage.

Now back to the jcsearch problem, please clarify and carefully inspect the following:

1. Does the error also occurs with tables and the property table and its records were generated by jcman ?

2. You can search in the same table, but then W/O any modifications to any of the tables (including property table ) jcsearch stops working on the same table ?

3. Could please post the full stack trace of the exception ?

4. Anything else accesses the MySQL at the same time ? What does it do ?

Thank you,

Szilard

ChemAxon fa971619eb

30-12-2008 09:10:18

One further thing to bear in mind - a peculiar thing about MySQL is that the table names can be case sensitive. I think this only applies to running on Linux, not Windows (but can't be 100% sure on this). With MySQL it is possible to have 2 different property tables (e.g. named JChemProperties and JCHEMPROPERTIES), and each behaves independently.

As I said, I don't think this would apply to Windows, but its probably worth checking.

Tim

User 26c54ae8b9

31-12-2008 00:00:47

Sorry, but i'm confuse about result...i must test again because is perhaps due to xampp and my configuration...i must install a new configuration and test again.

So i close this post because it's too hard to resolve now.

Thanks.

Karim.