a question about jchem_5.0

User a9431cd809

18-03-2008 09:56:32

Hello:

I have a question when I use jchem_5.0

The problem is :

Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

at chemaxon.jchem.db.JChemSearch.<clinit>(JChemSearch.java:132)

My question is: must I import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

when I use jchem_5.0? But when I use jchem3.2.6 have not this problem .

Thanks

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

18-03-2008 15:08:01

Hi,

Probably you haven't added all the .jar files in JChem's lib directory to the classpath of your application after upgrading.

(e.g. in the case of Tomcat you only have to copy these files then restart Tomcat)

All of those libraires are necessary.

Best regards,

Szilard

User a9431cd809

20-03-2008 05:42:28

Hello:

Thanks very much for your help.I have other some qusetions:

My application is not a web application,is a pure java application.

My application run well when I use jchem3.2.6 without import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.But after I use jchem5.0 ininstead of jchem3.2.6,appear this Exception.So I want to know whether or not have some changes in JChemSearch for jchem5.0.

if My application is a web application,when I want to upgrade,need I add all the .jar files in JChem's lib directory to the classpath of my application? formerly I only use new jchem.jar ininstead of old jchem.jar.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

20-03-2008 14:38:54

Hi,

It doesn't matter if your application is a web- or standalone application.

The point is that all the libraries shipped with JChem in the "lib" directory should be "visible" for the running Java Virtual Machine (JVM) - they should be present in the application's classpath.

For a standalone application use the "--classpath" argument of the "java" command.

We are constantly adding / upgrading these libraries, so with each version change you should make sure the latest version of all of these files is available for your program (not just jchem.jar).

You do not have to modify your code (e.g. by using "import" statements).

Best regards,

Szilard