License Issue

User 4cd5052280

25-01-2008 17:39:05

I just installed version 5.0 of JChem Cartridge. I was able to build jc_idxtype indexes with no problem. However, when I try to run jc_equals I am getting the follwoing error:

SQL> select * from cpd where jc_equals(jc_smiles, 'c1ccccc1')=1;

select * from cpd where jc_equals(jc_smiles, 'c1ccccc1')=1

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29902: error in executing ODCIIndexStart() routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested

exception is:

java.rmi.RemoteException: No valid license for JChem Cartridge

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM_CARTRIDGE.JCHEM_CLOB_PKG", line 73

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM_CARTRIDGE.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 167

ORA-06512: at line 1

I see this message when I start the java server:

WARNING: Directory licenses does not exist. Leaving it to LicenseHandler to check the default location for licenses.

The licenses.dat file is located under $HOME/.chemaxon fior the user that is starting the Jchem server.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

25-01-2008 18:36:43

With the JChem 3.x licensing scheme, two licenses -- the JChem Base license and the JChem Cartridge license -- are not included in the licenses.dat file: they need to be stored in the appropriate JChemProperties table(s) using either (a) JChemManager (recommended) or (b) the following statements:

Code:
update jchemproperties set prop_value='XXXXX' where prop_name='registration.code';

update jchemproperties set prop_value='XXXXX' where prop_name='registration.code.cartridge';

Replace XXXXX with your respective license keys. You may need to use INSERT, if the properties don't yet exist in the JChemProperties table.

Another option is to request your licenses in the form of the new XML license file at sales _at_ chemaxon.com.

Thanks

Peter