Unable to create global index in oracle

User 325f2762fd

24-01-2008 18:34:14

Hi ,

I am getting this error when trying to create jchem index on SMILES.

CREATE INDEX IXJC_COMP_ADMET_SMILES ON SAMPLE_SMILES_LINK

(SMILES)

INDEXTYPE IS JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE

PARAMETERS('TABLESPACE=INDX_ADMET');

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: The following exception has been thrown by the servlet:

Exception: ORA-01918: user 'ADMET_DATABASE' does not exist

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 47

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 17

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

24-01-2008 21:59:45

I'd say the database connection properties in the JChem Server are incorrect: JChem Server tries to (re)connect to the wrong database instance.

If you're on JChem 5.0, I suggest to double-check the following properties in the JCart properties file:

Code:
oracle.server.host

oracle.server.port

oracle.server.instance

Thanks

P.

User 325f2762fd

25-01-2008 09:25:44

The environment we are using :

Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

CORE 10.2.0.1.0 Production

TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.1.0 - Production

JChem version in the database: 3.1.5

JChem version in the Tomcat server: 3.1.5

java.vm.version: 1.5.0_03-b07

java.vm.vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.31

Major JDBC version in Tomcat: 10

Minor JDBC version in Tomcat: 2

Could you please let me know where I can find the jcart property file? We are using JCHEM 3.*

Thanks

Rajeev

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

25-01-2008 10:11:13

Oh sorry, I thought you were using JChem 5.0.

With JChem 3.x, the database connection parameters for JChem Server (in Tomcat) are set in the WEB-based JChem Cartridge administration GUI. You can reach it by pointing your browser to the same URL which has been configured for the Oracle-resident part of JChem Cartridge during installation. Of course, if your browser runs on a machine different from where Oracle runs, you may need to adjust the host part of the URL.

(My assumption is still that the JChem Server database configuration points to the wrong Oracle instance.)

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Peter

User 325f2762fd

25-01-2008 10:18:09

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I can now configure Jchem server configuration and it works when I save the oracle instance DLITEST in Jchem Server URL based configuration. Now the problem is we have two oracle instances (ie DLIT & DLITEST) in the same machine and how can we configure tomcat to serve both oracle instances.

Many Thanks

Rajeev

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

25-01-2008 11:05:18

With JChem Cartridge 3.x, the configuration of the JChem Server is tied to the ${HOME}/.chemaxon/.cartridge file of the Tomcat user. One Tomcat user can therefore have only one JChem Server configuration. You need therefore multiple users running each their own Tomcat instances for multiple Oracle instances to be served.

This limitation has been removed starting with JChem 5.0 -- to the extent that one user can run multiple JChem Servers with different configurations. The need for multiple JChem Servers is still there; one JChem Server can still serve only one Oracle instance.

Thanks

Peter

User 325f2762fd

06-03-2008 22:45:00

Could you please clearly give me steps what needs to be done to serve two oracle instances on the same box as this is now an urgent issue for us

I am guessing

1) Run two instances of Tomcat with different port

2) Install two Jchem 3.1.5 server on the same machine (how?)

3) Configure each jchem server to point to different database

Is there any issue with license as we have got only one license file for that server?

Many Thanks

Rajeev

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

06-03-2008 22:53:10

1. Install two separate Tomcat instances and start them with different user identities

2. Assign one Tomcat instance to one Oracle instance and the other Tomcat instance to the other Oracle instance

3. Repeat the JChem Cartridge installation instructions for each of the Oracle-Tomcat pairs.

Step#2 is just a planning (mental) step -- no installation action is associated with it.

Regards,

Peter