JChem cartridge updates

User 0224fcf261

24-08-2007 09:46:29

Hi,

At the UGM i noticed you mentioned the following for upgrades to the JChem Cartridge:
Quote:
Providing cost estimations to Oracle optimizer

JChem Server improvement: HTTP(Tomcat) replaced by RMI to reduce communication overhead & simpler installation
Are these still planned ? If so, is there an estimated release date ?

Many thanks

Alistair

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

24-08-2007 17:09:38

Hi Alistair,

Yes on both -- with qualification:

Cost estimation will be initially provided only for structure search. It is only for structure search where we are currently able to provide reasonably accurate selectivity estimations. Without the latter, cost estimations have only limited, or no, usefulness. Also, jc_compare searches with queryFilter and ctFilter options will probably be excluded, since these options make selectivity much less predictable.

As to the RMI based implementation, I am currently investigating a memory leak issue which might be related to RMI. At this point I am unable to tell with certainty if it is a result of RMI being used or something else. We are certainly firmly committed to significantly reducing the complexity of the JChem Cartridge administration as originally planned. So basically, yes, RMI is still planned as well.

AFAIK, there is no official release date fixed yet.

Regards,

Peter

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

10-01-2008 14:15:14

Hi Alistair,

JChem 5.0 has been released with promised JChem Cartridge features.

Cheers,

Peter