[JChem 3.2.3] Export/import of a schema user of JChem

User bf23763da4

15-03-2007 13:06:26

Hi,

So I come back on this new thread to test the Oracle export/import of my schema TESTJCHEM, user of the cartridge, which is installed on a separated schema.

I created in TESTJCHEM an index of type jc_idxtype.

When exporting, I got this error message :

Code:

EXP-00008: Erreur ORACLE 1031 rencontrée

ORA-01031: privilèges insuffisants

ORA-06512: à "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", ligne 468

ORA-06512: à ligne 1

EXP-00078: Erreur lors de l'export de métadonnées pour l'index JC_COMPOUND_IDX. Création d'index non prise en compte

Does it mean I miss grants again (but I don't see which ones) ?

Or will I have to recreate the index of jc_idxtype after the import in a new schema ?

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

15-03-2007 19:55:11

Hi,

For the moment I suggest to re-index your tables after import.

I do not know how the Oracle export import utilities handle for example the rowid references in domain indexes. The rows of the base table certainly get assigned new rowids to them during import and these different rowids must be reflected in the index tables as well (the references in the index table to rows of the base table must be updated). For this to work, Oracle needs to know which tables are base tables, which tables are index tables and which columns in the index tables are used to refer to base tables. I haven't found any interface in the Oracle manuals that would allow to specify this. So I wonder if it is possible at all to export and (re)import domain indexes with their semantics preserved.

BTW, where did you experience the problem you reported: during export or import? I've just exported a schema (jchemuser_32branch) successfully with the following settings:

Code:
file=jcu_32branch

owner=jchemuser_32branch

I haven't tried re-import it though. As said, the re-imported indexes would probably be unusable: JChem Cartridge doesn't currently use hooks (if any exist at all) which would make sure that the re-imported indexes are the semantic equivalents of the originals.

Cheers

Peter