multiple jchem index access

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

17-01-2007 16:50:07

Is there a limit on the number of cartridge operators that can access a given index at anyone time? I would have imagined not if one has adequate license however I am running two jc_equals and two jc_compare all at the same time and the two jc_compare generate the error below - please advise. Cheers, Daniel.

java.lang.Exception: The following exception has been thrown by the servlet:

Exception: -1 at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.jcservcli.JcsClientBase.checkForException(JcsClientBase.java:174) at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.jcservcli.BlockingClient.callService(BlockingClient.java:191) at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.jcservcli.JcsClientBase.call(JcsClientBase.java:54) at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.JFunctions.sendQueryForCached(JFunctions.java:1369) at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.JFunctions.sendBatch(JFunctions.java:1227) at chemaxon.jchem.cartridge.JFunctions.sendBatch(JFunctions.java:1301) *** 2007-01-17 16:14:44.234

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

17-01-2007 17:03:53

There are no limitations on the number of search operators.

When does this problem occur: when having multiple jc_ search operators in the same SQL statement or when executing concurrent searches in multiple database sessions?

Please, could you also post the relevant Java stack trace from the Tomcat log? (Look for the character string 'Exception: -1' in the logs.)

Cheers,

Peter

ChemAxon 60ee1f1328

17-01-2007 17:11:29

Hi Peter,

The associated Java stack trace can be seen in the tomcat instance cmd window, however it appears not to have made the log yet and so I think I will need to wait a bit and then give you this output...perhaps I need to shutdown tomcat in order to get the log updated...

Daniel.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

17-01-2007 18:29:04

Daniel,

I am not sure when the logs get updated. The way I got rid of this problem on Windows machines is that I either use the startup.sh script in a Cygwin command prompt window (Cygwin is a package containing open source Unix utilities for Windows) and that puts Tomcat properly in the background or I use Tomcat 5.0+ as a Windows service (Tomcat has this capability starting with version 5.0). The log files will be continuously written in either case.

Cheers,

Peter