jcman import fails to set cd_id using --connect

User 2082812c83

12-01-2007 15:18:55

Hi,

Using JChem 3.2.2 I think I have a situation where the behavior of JChemManager and jcman differs.

I am able through the JChemManager GUI to specify that when I import compounds from a smiles file into a JChem Base table that the cd_id column be populated based on the value in FIELD_0 by making this selection from the combo box next to CD_ID.

However when I try to achieve the same thing using jcman to run the same import in batch (non gui) mode with the following command:

jcman.bat -a test_table blah.smiles --connect "CD_ID=field_0" --driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver --dburl jdbc:oracle:thin:@//myhost:myport/mydb --login myuser --password mypassword

The import succeeds BUT the CD_ID is not set based on the value in field_0 of the smiles file. I checked to make sure this was not a case sensitivity issue by trying with both field_0 and FIELD_0 in the --connect string.

Am I specifying the --connect option correctly? Any idea why jcman is not setting the cd_id based on the field_0 value in my smiles file when JChem Manager gui DOES set the cd_id as expected?

Thanks,

James

User 2082812c83

12-01-2007 17:42:23

One other question I forgot to ask in my original post. I noticed that the JChem Manager shipped with version 3.1.1 of JChem Base does not give you the option to map a smiles field (or even an SD property value) to the cd_id column of a structure table even through the GUI.

Could you tell me in which version of JChem Base the ability to map a smiles field or SD property into the cd_id field was first added?

Thanks,

James

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

12-01-2007 17:55:46

Hi,

I will check this issue shortly.

Meanwhile could you check if you are running the same version in both cases ?

Command line:

Code:

jcman --help

GUI:

Code:

Help -> About

Best regards,

Szilard

User 2082812c83

12-01-2007 18:04:08

Hi,

I just checked and they are both reporting as version 3.2.2

Thanks,

James

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

12-01-2007 19:18:48

Hi,

The bug was specific to the "cd_id" field only, it will be fixed in the next minor release of JChem.

Thank you for reporting this.
Quote:
Could you tell me in which version of JChem Base the ability to map a smiles field or SD property into the cd_id field was first added?
It's available from version 2.1., though AFAIK it was a bit different from Marvin (field names started from field_1), this was fixed in 2.3.

Best regards,

Szilard