Export

User 34fa07fa99

06-12-2006 18:30:49

I get the following exception when trying to use the Exporter:

chemaxon.jchem.db.TransferException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'H1299 (TEST)

FROM temp_sdf_export1

WHERE CD_ID IN(11753) ORDER BY CD_ID' at line 1

at chemaxon.jchem.db.Exporter.writeNext(Exporter.java:346)

at chemaxon.jchem.db.Exporter.writeAll(Exporter.java:363)

I think it is because we are using spaces and parentheses in the column names, so we are going to rename the columns for now but ideally jchem should use a delimiter character, for example, on mysql it's (`).

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

07-12-2006 11:12:56

Hi,

Thank you for pointing this out.

AFAIK the SQL standard would be double quotation("), but it seems the character you can use varies on a per-database basis, creating some extra work for us.

I have added the usage of such delimiters to the task list of the next major JChem version (3.3).

Best regards,

Szilard

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

15-01-2007 09:21:54

Hi,

After some internal discussion and looking at the amount of code we would have to change we have decided that we won't implement this feature.

We will point out in the documentation though that no special characters are allowed in database identifiers.

We feel this is not an essential feature, I do hope this is not a too bad news for you either.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 34fa07fa99

15-01-2007 14:51:00

I think there is usually a workarround like renaming the columns temporarily like I did so no problem. Thanks again.