JChem examples

User 0647cd9747

06-12-2006 08:51:44

I'm a new user for Jchem. I install the JChem 3.2.1 and tomcat 5.5. There is a error when I setup the jsp examples. detail information in the attachement. cheers for any comments.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

06-12-2006 09:07:30

Hi,

The problem is not as mystical as it seems.

Simply there are no structure tables in the database (belonging to this property table), and the example cannot properly handle this situation.

Please create at least one structure table with JChemManager (jcman), as described in the setup instructions:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/examples/jsp1_x/setup.html

We will write a better (understandable) error message in the future, if there are no structure tables at all.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 0647cd9747

07-12-2006 01:54:09

But I used JchemManager to create a table named editexamle and imported a file named nci1000.smiles into the table. Anything else should I do? Thanks.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

07-12-2006 09:18:43

Strange.

Could you check if the connection parameters (including the name of the property table and the database user) are exactly the same in both cases ?

If not, what is the difference ?

Szilard

User 0647cd9747

08-12-2006 05:16:00

Thanks for your reply. Please tell me where should i check the connection parameters(setup.jsp? jchemstreams? or other).

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

08-12-2006 08:41:29

Hi,
Quote:
Please tell me where should i check the connection parameters(setup.jsp? jchemstreams? or other).
One set of connection parameters are visible in the screenshot of setup.jsp you have posted.

The other set is in the connection dialog of JChem Manager (jcman) - this is the dialog that pops up right after you start it.

Szilard

User 0647cd9747

11-12-2006 08:15:12

Attachment is the screenshot of the connection dialog of JChem Manager. Can you see anything wrong? Thanks so much.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

11-12-2006 09:00:23

Quote:
Attachment is the screenshot of the connection dialog of JChem Manager. Can you see anything wrong?
Yes.

The name of the property table is different in the two screenshots. (JChemProperties / JChem)

Each property table is a different JChem environment, so one application cannot see the tables created in the other environment.

In the simplest case you should use the same property table in all of your applications, though multiple property tables can also be useful in some scenarios:

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/multiuser.html

Best regards,

Szilard

PS: In case you have not tried it yet, I also recommend taking a look at our out-of-the-box solution called Instant JChem. It installs with only a few clicks of the mouse and one can begin with structure databases tight away:

http://www.chemaxon.com/instantjchem/

User 0647cd9747

12-12-2006 07:38:58

Thanks so much. seltable.jsp is OK now.

But when I click the submit button in the seltable.jsp. There is some errors in the initsearch.jsp.

1. There is no picture of the menu. So I copy the image fold from jchem to tomcat's root fold. It seems works.

2. There is a error message in the initsearch.jsp. You can get it in the attachment.

3. When I click the query or retrieve all. It shows "Your session has expired,To go back to the starting page, please click here. " when I click the modify or delete. It shows "nothing has been selected". when I click insert. It pops a new page with "inserting new compound" , insert button and cancel button only.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

13-12-2006 08:58:47

Hi,
Quote:

There is no picture of the menu.
This indicates that files are missing from the web application.

The jchem package contains everything in the appropriate place, if you follow the setup instructions, it should work fine.
Quote:
2. There is a error message in the initsearch.jsp. You can get it in the attachment.
Missing files again.
Quote:

When I click the query or retrieve all. It shows "Your session has expired,To go back to the starting page, please click here. "
After certain amount of inactivity in the session this is normal. You can set the timeout value as described here (this page is also linked from the setup instructions):

http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/tomcat.html
width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"> Quote: when I click the modify or delete. It shows "nothing has been selected". One has to click on a structure in the displayed molecule table before using these functions. But probably you do not see the molecules because of missing files once again. (in this case the files of the Marvin applet are missing, normally found under jchem/marvin in the jhem package)
Quote:

when I click insert. It pops a new page with "inserting new compound" , insert button and cancel button only.
The files for the Marvin applet cannot be found, just like above.

Best regards,

Szilard