"jcman -u" exceptions.

User 941c2467a3

25-10-2006 21:42:50

Hi,

A question about regenerate the chemaxon datase,

when I run "jcman -u",

I get, "More properties needed to make the connection."

when I run "jcman u --driver org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver --dburl jdbc:mysql://localhost:9903/umbbd -l userxxx -p passwordxxx"

I get an error

"Cannot connect:

java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'userxxx@'localhost' (using password: YES)".

btw, I can use userxxx/passwordxxx to login MySQL, but can not through jcman above.

What does this mean? Are there any roperties needed to run jcman? Thank you for any suggestions!

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

26-10-2006 06:55:00

Hi,
Quote:
when I run "jcman -u",

I get, "More properties needed to make the connection."
Probably you have not saved yet a complete list of connection properties when running jcman.

The jcman GUI automatically saves these properties on exit, make sure you also check the "Remember password" checkbox.

If you only have command-line access, you can save the specified properties with the following option (quoted from "jcman --help"):

Code:
-s --saveconf              save settings into

"<path_according_to_your home_directory>"

After all settings are saved, you do not have to specify the connection properties again.

Please note, that the settings are saved on a per user basis.

For an other operating system user you should save the settings again.
Quote:
"Cannot connect:

java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'userxxx@'localhost' (using password: YES)".
The most likely explanation is insufficient privileges.

MySQL treats localhost in a special way. If you allow a user to connect from any host, this will not include localhost, you still have to create the same user for localhost:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/adding-users.html
width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center"> Quote: Two of the accounts have a username of monty and a password of some_pass. Both accounts are superuser accounts with full privileges to do anything. One account ('monty'@'localhost') can be used only when connecting from the local host. The other ('monty'@'%') can be used to connect from any other host. Note that it is necessary to have both accounts for monty to be able to connect from anywhere as monty. Without the localhost account, the anonymous-user account for localhost that is created by mysql_install_db would take precedence when monty connects from the local host. As a result, monty would be treated as an anonymous user. Best regards,

Szilard

User 941c2467a3

26-10-2006 16:50:56

Thank you, Szilard!