invalid username error

User 9912280a1f

31-07-2006 07:49:31

Hi,

Just installed the latest test version of JChem Cartridge. Using oracle 9i.

When I try and create a JChem table using the stored procedure create_jctable, I get an ORA-01017 error:-

Code:
SQL> begin

2  jchem_table_pkg.create_jctable('TAB1', 'JChemProperties', 16, 2, 6, ', RECNO NUMBER', null, 1);

3  end;

4  /

begin

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29532: Java call terminated by uncaught Java exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: The following exception has been thrown by the

servlet:

Exception: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ORA-06512: at "CARTOWNER.JCHEM_TABLE_PKG", line 0

ORA-06512: at line 2

I am logged into PL/SQL as the cartridge owner so I am a bit puzzled. I can create a table via jcman using the cartridge owner login.

Paul

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

31-07-2006 07:58:53

Hi Paul,

Please, see the section "Configuring the JDBC connection(s) for the Search Engine" (http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/admin/cartridge.html#server_jdbc) in the installation guide, especially the subsection "User credentials and privileges for the JDBC connection".

(I'd suggest using the stored procedure jchem_core_pkg.use_password(<yourpassword>) at the beginning of your database session to propagate your password to JChemStreams in Tomcat.)

Cheers,

Peter

User 9912280a1f

31-07-2006 08:03:03

Thanks again Peter,

That has fixed the issue.

Paul

User 9912280a1f

31-07-2006 12:20:39

Hi Peter,

I just wanted to check the documentation with you regarding the Use_password procedure.
Quote:
Beginning with JChem version 3.0.12 the recommended way to achieve this is for users to call the PL/SQL procedure jchem_core_pkg.use_password(password VARCHAR2) with their password as the parameter at the beginning of each database session
I assume this means each time a different user connects (prior to calling some JChem function or procedure)?

Also does this apply to JChem functions/procs in general or only to querying?

Cheers

Paul

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

31-07-2006 13:58:22

Hi Paul,
Quote:
I assume this means each time a different user connects (prior to calling some JChem function or procedure)?
Yes. JChemStreams in Tomcat needs to know the password for each JChem Cartridge user in order to open a connection with the identity of each user (so as to have the exact privileges of the given user).
Quote:
Also does this apply to JChem functions/procs in general or only to querying?
Not all JChem functions/procs need this (currently only substructure search and [in the case of non-JChem structure table] indexing needs it). But the fact is that the implementation of the functions/procs might change. I would therefore recommend to use this stored procedure once in each database session before any JChem Cartridge operation is executed in that database session.

Cheers,

Peter