Error upon structure insert

User 5eb16c3c7c

01-09-2016 18:26:26

When trying to insert a structure into a table (Oracle), we intermittently see the error below. Any idea what is wrong? I've included environment details at the end of this message. Thanks.

uncategorized SQLException for SQL [ INSERT INTO <redacted>]; SQL state [60000]; error code [600]; ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [peshmgel: Table size], [0x175FEE400], [8388608], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CLOB_PKG", line 115
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 659
; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [peshmgel: Table size], [0x175FEE400], [8388608], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CLOB_PKG", line 115
ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JC_IDXTYPE_IM", line 659

JCHEM_CORE_PKG.GETENVIRONMENT()                                                

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle environment:                                                             

Oracle Database 12c Standard Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production      

PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production                                          

CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production                                                        

TNS for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production                                  

NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production                                          

JChem owner: JCHEM                                                              

JChem Server environment:                                                       

Java VM vendor: Oracle Corporation                                              

JCHEM_CORE_PKG.GETENVIRONMENT()                                                

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Java version: 1.7.0_55                                                          

Java VM version: 24.55-b03                                                      

JChem version: 6.2.1                                                            

JChem Index version: 6200000                                                    

JDBC driver version: 11.2.0.3.0

ChemAxon fefae9f443

02-09-2016 08:47:39

The ORA-600 refers
to an error within the database engine: all unidentified error in the
database is indicated as ORA-600. It can be software, hardware,
database installation problems too. Please register the
problem to the Oracle support, they can help to define errors.

User 5eb16c3c7c

02-09-2016 16:31:47

The JCHEM stacktrace seems to indicate a JCHEM problem, no? Have you consulted the JCHEM code? Thanks.

User 5eb16c3c7c

02-09-2016 16:35:23

I mean, the JCHEM stacktrace could help pinpoint the problem, no? (There is not necessarily something wrong with the JCHEM code). Thanks.

ChemAxon fefae9f443

05-09-2016 10:54:04

You got a serious ORA-600 error message while you issue a simple insert statement.
This error invoked when something is wrong with the oracle server software or with hardware in deeper level. In this case you need to check Oracle instance. Maybe you can do RMAN backup, because the RMAN can check datafile block level corruptions. Also you can check Oracle alert log for errors.

You got a serious
ORA-600 error message while you issue a simple insert statement.

This error invoked
when something is wrong with the oracle server software or with
hardware in deeper level. In this case you need to check Oracle
instance. Maybe you can do RMAN backup, because the RMAN can check
datafile block level corruptions. Also you can check Oracle alert log
for errors.

User 7f33ec9a5c

10-10-2016 19:40:22

imate wrote:

You got a serious ORA-600 error message while you issue a simple insert statement.
This error invoked when something is wrong with the oracle server software or with hardware in deeper level. In this case you need to check Oracle instance. Maybe you can do RMAN backup, because the RMAN can check datafile block level corruptions. Also you can check Oracle alert log for errors.

You got a serious
ORA-600 error message while you issue a simple insert statement.

This error invoked
when something is wrong with the oracle server software or with
hardware in deeper level. In this case you need to check Oracle
instance. Maybe you can do RMAN backup, because the RMAN can check
datafile block level corruptions. Also you can check Oracle alert log
for errors.

No. This is a ChemAxon bug and needs to be fixed.

I am experiencing exactly the same error:

https://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewpost67449.html

Please go read the docs for ORA-0600, and pay attention to the arguments on the error.  This is a ChemAxon bug and it needs to be investigated and fixed. It is crashing in our production instance.

If you search the internet for "ORA-00600: peshmgel: Table size" you will see that the arguments thrown are not common and specific to using the ChemAxon cartridge to insert.

Over the 20 years I have worked with the Oracle database, I've had several instances where my PL/SQL code managed to crash things in an ORA-600 way.  I think most familiar with Oracle would say the same.  To see ChemAxon dismissing an ORA-600 as hardware failure is very disappointing. 

ChemAxon 25dcd765a3

17-10-2016 07:55:45

Hi,

I can fully accept that this is a ChemAxon bug. We are not bug free, but we try to do our best to get rid of bugs.

So far we tried to figure out what could be the problem, without reproducing the issue itself. It did not work.

So, could you please send us a method to reproduce the issue?

Without reproduction of the error we cannot fix this issue, I hope you understand this.

Thank you!