SQL Server 2005 issue

User 596f3ef229

07-06-2006 06:51:03

I am using jchem3.1.7 and MS SQL Server 2005 with the MS jdbc driver 1.0.809.102.

I can connect to the db OK but when I try to create a new table using default parameters (ie only a new table name entered), I get the following error:

SQL warning

SQLState: S0001

Message: sp_cursoropen/sp_cursorprepare: The statement can only be a batch or a stored procedure with a single select, without FOR BROWSE, COMPUTE BY, or variable assignments.

Vendor: 16938

When I look at the database using the MS SQL Server Management Studio, the table has not been created. If I simply remove "SelectMethod=cursor" from the jdbc connection URL, the table creation works fine - although with direct rather than cursor based selection.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

User 596f3ef229

08-06-2006 01:34:30

I fixed my problem using the jTDS1.2 jdbc driver instead of the MS jdbc driver - cursormode selection works fine with this driver.

One side effect, when creating a new table using jTDS driver with jcman, the fieldtype for cd_structure is set to null rather than image in the CREATE TABLE statement. This throws an error about the null fieldtype.

ie

Code:
cd_structure null NOT NULL,
instead of
Code:
cd_structure image NOT NULL,

Simply changing the fieldtype back to image before creating the table seems to work.

User 1033cfd7dc

10-05-2007 06:35:18

Dear Support,

I've got the same problem, ie.

"java.sql.SQLException: The definition for column 'cd_structure' must include a data type."

However I can't use a graphical interface, so, is there any other way to set the column type at table generation?

Thanx!

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

10-05-2007 15:11:28

Hi,

Could you tell us your JChem, SQL Server and JDBC driver version ?

The latest 1.1 and 1.2 drivers from Microsoft should work fine with the latest JChem version:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937724.aspx

Please note that we do not officially support third party drivers.

Best regards,

Szilard

User 1033cfd7dc

16-05-2007 06:43:29

Hi,

JChem: 3.2.4

SQL: MSSQL 2000 SP4 (FreeBSD)

JDBC: jtds-1.2

>The latest 1.1 and 1.2 drivers from Microsoft should work fine with

> the latest JChem version:

I've tried also the Microsoft one, but got:

--

Cannot connect:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

--

I thought that the problem is the mode of the authentication:

http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/why-do-i-get-login-failed-for-user.html

http://mssqlonline.blogspot.com/2007/04/fix-error-18452-login-failed-for-user.html

However, the admin of the server told me that the server already in mixed mode..

----

So, I would like to go back to the jTDS driver:

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Using this without any table:

jcman t --driver net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver --dburl jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<ip>:1433/kemoinfo --proptable JChemProperties -l <user> -p <passwd> > log

I've got:

--

Error executing statement:

CREATE TABLE JChemProperties(

prop_name varchar(200) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,

prop_value varchar(200), prop_value_ext null)

Cannot connect:

java.sql.SQLException: The definition for column 'prop_value_ext' must include a data type.

at chemaxon.jchem.db.DatabaseProperties.createPropertyTable(DatabaseProperties.java:536)

at chemaxon.jchem.Command.main(Command.java:485)

--

jTDS is an open source driver, so it would be really a good thing to be able to use JChem with it.. Any ideas?

Thx a lot!

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

16-05-2007 16:37:35

Hi,

We have managed to reproduce and fix the problem.

The next minor (update) release is in a late testing phase, but we will try to include the fix.

I will let you know about this.

In the worst case we issue bugfix releases about every month.

Thank you for the bug report.

Best regards,

Szilard

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

17-05-2007 11:38:51

Good news: the fix will be included in the next minor release (JChem 3.2.6), which is expected to come out in a few days.

Szilard