Question on Structure Table columns

User 82b20b535e

30-07-2015 18:52:50

Hi,

I have noticed that the following 3 columns in the Structure table has Null or Empty data. 

I am trying the understand if I have done anything wrong in the JChemManager to not populate the data or is this an unused column in the JChemManager. if Yes can I remove the Column from the structure table.

columns

cd_screen_descriptor  with Null value

cd_flags with Null value

cd_pre_calculated with 0 value

Please guide us if our configurations are wrong?

Thanks

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

31-07-2015 10:29:05

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with these columns even if they store NULL values, and you surely did not do anything wrong in JChemManager. These values depend on your table type, on your table options and on the particular molecular structures stored in the JChemTable.

These columns are internal data not user data, do not delete them. That would break JChemBase and you would loose the structure searching capability altogether.

Regards,

Miklos

User 82b20b535e

31-07-2015 12:56:15

mvargyas wrote:

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with these columns even if they store NULL values, and you surely did not do anything wrong in JChemManager. These values depend on your table type, on your table options and on the particular molecular structures stored in the JChemTable.

These columns are internal data not user data, do not delete them. That would break JChemBase and you would loose the structure searching capability altogether.

Regards,

Miklos

Thanks for your quick response.  Would it be wrong if I ask how does the column value data gets populated? What should I do in order to populate the data or question would be what triggers to store a value in those columns?

Thanks 

ChemAxon efa1591b5a

03-08-2015 07:32:07

Hi,

You do not have to populate them. They may occasionally get populated. Why do you want to populated them? What do you expect from that?

It is a bit like "what do I need to do in my app so that value 0xfe5d is loaded in the CPU's register EBX?". Again, these columns store internal data representation. Please accept this fact.

Thanks

Miklos

User 82b20b535e

03-08-2015 13:31:34

mvargyas wrote:

Hi,

You do not have to populate them. They may occasionally get populated. Why do you want to populated them? What do you expect from that?

It is a bit like "what do I need to do in my app so that value 0xfe5d is loaded in the CPU's register EBX?". Again, these columns store internal data representation. Please accept this fact.

Thanks

Miklos

Not surprised with your response. But do n't you want to know in your app?

Thanks