JC_IDX_PROPERTY

User 1aff773a09

03-07-2015 17:02:42

Hi,

I'm trying to re-organize my oracle tablespace which belong to a Cartridge user, however, i find that I'm unable to move the JC_IDX_PROPERTY table to another tablespace due to the LONG datatype constraint. & I'm unable to export that table as well, as it gives OBJECT DOES NOT EXIST error.. but I can see that it's in the schema. 

Please help. 
Thanks.

Regards,
Samantha 

ChemAxon abe887c64e

06-07-2015 13:49:47

Dear Samantha,

We think, there must not be any JChem-specific barrier at the moving / exporting of the JC_IDX_PROPERTY table. This table is similar to any standard Oracle table, which can be handled according to the rights of the connected user.

Would you tell us the version number of JChem Cartridge and the version of Oracle in your system?

select jchem_core_pkg.getenvironment() from dual; 

Thank you,

Krisztina

User 1aff773a09

06-07-2015 14:10:11

JChem Server environment:
Java VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java
 version: 1.6.0_03
Java VM version: 1.6.0_03-b05
JChem version: 5.2.6
JChem Inde
x version: 5020400
JDBC driver version: 11.1.0.7.0-Production

The oracle version is 11.2.0.3

User 1aff773a09

06-07-2015 14:11:53

Another question, what does the JC_IDX_PROPERTY table contain? Does every cartridge user own the same table, with the same content? How do I re-create it?

ChemAxon abe887c64e

06-07-2015 15:17:49

Each installed JChem Cartridge instance has its own JC_IDX_PROPERTY table. Each installation requires to define a jchem-owner,  so this jchem-owner is the owner of this table. (Of course, other users can be defined with the same role as the jchem-owner has, but they have not separate JC_IDX_PROPERTY tables.)

Some data, given during the installation - where is the jchem server, what is the name of the cache, .. - are stored in this table. Later - among others - the created  JChem type (jc_idxtype) indexes also generate new records in this table.

Krisztina

User 1aff773a09

07-07-2015 06:45:51

Hi,

But I'm seeing in my database, each cartridge user has it's own JC_IDX_PROPERTY table, with different PROP_NAME and PROP_VALUE values. All the PROP_VALUE_EXT values seem to be null though.

Regards,
Samantha 

ChemAxon abe887c64e

13-07-2015 06:29:54

Hi Samantha,

Yes, you are right, users with own indexes have there own JC_IDX_PROPERTY table, too.

We reproduced the ORA error 'illegal use of LONG datatype' at the MOVE TABLESPACE operation. Unfortunately, JC_IDX_PROPERTY table is not prepared for this procedure. Thank you for making us aware of this incompleteness. We will take it into account in the future improvements of JChem Cartridge.

At the moment, we can only advice to make careful workaround tests, e.g., by temporarily changing the type of the affected column.

Best regards,

Krisztina