deleting all records from jchembase table

User 8688ffe688

14-02-2014 16:34:36

instead of using the where clause to delete all records from jchembase tables for Oracle, I would like to use sql.  Looks like I need to delete all records out of the table and table_ul.  Is that correct?  I plan on using Oracle's truncate clause for optimized performance and storage.

ChemAxon d4fff15f08

14-02-2014 17:08:49

Hi,

Yes, you can proceed as described (however, we do not support managing Jchem tables with non-Chemaxon tools). After this procedure you probably would like to keep your cache synchronized with the changes made on the table(s); for this you need to unload the cache (method available from cache manager) and rebuild it at search.

Best regards,

Norbert

P.S. would you please be so kind and fill your profile with your name and company data. Thanks!

ChemAxon d4fff15f08

14-02-2014 17:22:08

Sorry, an other thought:

if you want to delete all the records from a table, the most effective way is to drop the whole table (from JChem Manager). If you want to use an identically named table in the further steps of your workflow, you may just recreate it (also with JChem Manager). Both steps should be fast. If you have custom defined columns and eventually chemical term fields, with expressions linked to it, that makes this solution not so preferable since you have to recreate these features.