[Q] License for server use

User bf3dbc99cf

26-12-2013 08:31:23

Dear,

I think I have purchased the perpetual chemaxon licenses, including jchem, cartridge, etc.

I was able to verify that the HBDA plugin is server_use allowed in the license manager. (allow.png)

When I make a standalone java program, I was able to use the HBDA plugins and got the correct answers.

But when I try to use same functionality in a JSP web page, I got the following error messages. (disallow.png)

>>> LicenseException: No license file found. Product name: HBDA Plugin License path: Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license. Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use through our Academic Package, for more information please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html

Can I use the HBDA plugins in my web pages?

Regards, 

Chong Hak Chae

ChemAxon abe887c64e

26-12-2013 14:00:57

Dear customer,

could you tell us which version of JChem are you using?

Thanks,

Krisztina

User bf3dbc99cf

27-12-2013 00:12:11

Dear Krisztina,

I am using JChem ver 6.1.3 on centos 6.5 64bit.

JCHEM_CORE_PKG.GETENVIRONMENT()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle environment:

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production

PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

CORE    11.2.0.1.0      Production

TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

JChem owner: JCHEM

JChem Server environment:

Java VM vendor: Oracle Corporation

JCHEM_CORE_PKG.GETENVIRONMENT()

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Java version: 1.7.0_40

Java VM version: 24.0-b56

JChem version: 6.1.3

JChem Index version: 6120000

JDBC driver version: 10.2.0.4.0

Regards,

Chong Hak Chae,

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

27-12-2013 08:22:15

Hi,

I was able to verify that the HBDA plugin is server_use allowed in the license manager. (allow.png)

When I make a standalone java program, I was able to use the HBDA plugins and got the correct answers.

But when I try to use same functionality in a JSP web page, I got the following error messages. (disallow.png) 

The License Manager installs for the current user, which is running the GUI, it adds the licenses to a file in its user home.

If you try to run your JSP application in the name of a different user, it will not  see the license installed for the previous user.

Also, it seems you are using the cartridge. The cartridge also allows you to install license files for convenience by simply copying them into a designated directory (jchem/cartridge/licenses). This works fine if you are accessing the calculations trough the cartridge, e.g. via SQL from your JSP web application. But if your JSP application tries to access the calculation trough the Java API (?), it will not help, as you have enabled it only for the cartridge.

In summary you always have to consider where you are calling the functionality and which user runs the process.

Please see the various ways you can install ChemAxon licenses for server applications here:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/licensedoc/installToServer.html

We recommend to use to set the environment variable for each user that runs the service processes(#1), so it can point to a single license file in your system, which makes any license upgrade in the future easier.

Best regards,

Szilard 

User bf3dbc99cf

30-12-2013 00:31:29

Dear Szilard,

Thank you for your kind help for me to use the jchem functions via cartridge.

- As you recommended, I set the environment variables into /etc/bashrc and /etc/profile, but I got the same error messages.

export CHEMAXON_LICENSE_URL=/home/chemaxon/jchem/cartridge/licenses/license.cxl

- Next, I copied all the .chemaxon directory to /root directory and I was able to use the functions.

Regards,

Chong Hak Chae,

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

30-12-2013 11:28:44

- As you recommended, I set the environment variables into /etc/bashrc and /etc/profile, but I got the same error messages.

I forgot to mention that with the environment variable setting the process usually must be restarted in a new session, otherwise the changes will not be visible.

Anyhow, I'm glad your problem has been sorted out.

Best regards,

Szilard