convert smiles to blob using JChem 5.9.3

User 76218674f7

08-11-2013 12:26:08

Hi,

using JChem 5.11 I can do the following:

select jc_molconvertc (displayed_smiles,'mol:-a' ) AS STRUCTURES  FROM STRUCTURES; works JChem version 5.11

but this does not work in another database where we have JChem 5.9.3. Is there a way of doing that using 5.9.3 JChem version? I am working in a view or materialised view.

thank you  for your help,

Kind regards,

Estelle.

ChemAxon 61b4fee994

08-11-2013 12:47:20

Hi,

Yes, you can achieve the same result in the older versions too, but it's a bit more complicated. The jc_molconvertc operator has been introduced in the 5.10 version, so you can't use that, but you can use the jc_molconvert instead (without the c at the end). The only difficulty is that it returns the converted value with the same type as the input type at the first parameter, so you should convert the displayed_smiles to clob before passing to jc_molconvert:

select jc_molconvert (TO_CLOB(displayed_smiles),'mol:-a' ) AS STRUCTURES  FROM STRUCTURES

Best regards,

Tamas

User 76218674f7

11-11-2013 16:16:35

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for your help.

I have tried what you have suggested and got the following error message:

ORA-20101: Please, create domain index on the column referenced in the operator JC_MOLCONVERTBB of the table with DATA_OBJECT_ID=106505. You can find out the name of the table by executing:

SELECT owner, object_name INTO schema_name, table_name FROM sys.dba_objects WHERE DATA_OBJECT_ID = 106505

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.JCHEM_CORE_PKG", line 121

ORA-06512: at "JCHEM.MOLCONVERTC_FUNCC", line 7

I am trying to get the smiles using a database link. The table from where I get the smiles have the domain index but I can't transform into CLOB and bring it though the database link as this does not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Estelle.

ChemAxon 61b4fee994

12-11-2013 10:00:03

Hi,

In that case you can use the equivalent function of the jc_molconvert operator. It is located in the jcf package and its name is simply molconvert, it gives exatly the same result.

select jcf.molconvert (TO_CLOB(displayed_smiles),'mol:-a' ) AS STRUCTURES  FROM STRUCTURES

Regards,

Tamas