Oracle insufficient privilege error when inserting records

User 55ffa2f197

16-09-2013 03:11:17

I have a stored procedure which insert records based on substructure match to another table, following illustrates what it does basically, and where i am getting Oralce insufficient privilege error:

execute immediate 'insert into structure_alert_result (smiles,pn);

select smiles, pn

from update_staging_tmp where jc_compare(smiles,''c1ccccc1'',''t:s'')=1'

but following plain SQL works just fine

insert into structure_alert_result(smiles,pn)

select smiles, pn from update_staging_tmp where jc_compare(smiles,'c1ccccc1','t:s')=1

We are upgraded Oracle to 11.2.0.3 recently the procedure worked fine in Oralce 11.1.

How do i fix this issue, it must related to cartrige  ....

Thanks

Dong

ChemAxon 61b4fee994

16-09-2013 08:04:35

Dear Dong,

To use the JChem Cartridge functionalities in PL/SQL methods, privileges must be given directly to users , it isn't enough to give the privileges via roles. This behavior is not JChem Cartridge-specific, Oracle databases behave this way, so we can't make it easier. About giving the missing privileges, see the Admin guide in the documentation.

Regards,

Tamas

User 55ffa2f197

16-09-2013 13:05:51

Hi Tamas,

You are right we forgot to execute what is need for list-sqls-for-jcc-user-privs when upgrading Oracle, though DBA did :call dbms_java.grant_permission('IP', 'SYS:java.net.SocketPermission', 'localhost:1099', 'resolve,connect'); but jchem did not do:

call jchem.privman_pkg.grants_on_jcobjs('jchem', 'ip');

just did this as jchem, the stored procedure works fine. It is always the little thing gets you.

Thanks

Dong