ORA-29882 at index creation?

User f05f6b8c05

12-08-2013 06:05:15

Hi,

I'm trying to put a jchem index on a table and am getting and ORA-29882 error.  We are on linux with jchem version 5.12.4.  This oracle user has JCC_BASIC_ROLE granted (and actually even dba).  Otherwise, the cartridge seems to be behaving ok.  We've done many installs of the cartridge, but have never hit this error.  Can you offer advise on how to diagnose what is going wrong?  Please let me know if any other information would be useful.

Thank you,

Andrew

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> create index aktest_jc_idx on aktest(molfile) indextype is jchem.jc_idxtype PARAMETERS('idxSubType=structures,structureType=molecules,std_config=aromatize');

create index aktest_jc_idx on aktest(molfile) indextype is jchem.jc_idxtype PARAMETERS('idxSubType=structures,structureType=molecules,std_config=aromatize')

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29882: insufficient privileges to execute indextype

ChemAxon 61b4fee994

12-08-2013 08:31:24

Hello,

Can you send us the results of the following queries?

select jchem_core_pkg.getenvironment() from dual;

select privilege
from ROLE_SYS_PRIVS
where privilege like 'CREATE%';

Thank you,

Tamas

User f05f6b8c05

12-08-2013 10:33:40

Hi,

You're queries helped me figure out the problem .. for some reason the DEFAULT_ROLE setting is behaving differently in this database .. for each session, I need to first type "set role JCC_BASIC_ROLE;" for my user .. after that everything is ok.  I need to check with the dba and find out why this db is different.

Thanks for the help!

Andrew