Insertion problem, different structure after insertion

User d8da4712c1

18-07-2013 09:09:23

Greetings,

We're having problem with jc_insert inserting different structure in the database, we're using it with php OCI8, you can find an example in the doc file attached.

Many thanks.

ChemAxon abe887c64e

18-07-2013 09:50:05

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean, but the before and after structures have the same stereo configuration in both example cases. (The R ans S configurations didn't changed).  Or have I misunderstood your question?

Best regards,

Krisztina

User d8da4712c1

18-07-2013 09:59:38

actually the structure lost it's R and S for asymetrique C and UP and DOWN links are not respected.

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

18-07-2013 10:09:56

Hi,

I think the question is more general than the particular way of depiction of stereo configurations.

jc_insert should not modify thre input structure in any way (including coordinates, etc), as it stores the input string exactly as it is in the cd_structure column, it is hte same character by character !

So I suspect that  

- you have found a smilar structure in the database (e.g. with duplicate search) and mistake it for the original

or

- you either perform some manipulation on the strucure (e.g. 2D cleaning, converting to SMILES), or you do not obtain it from the cd_structure column - or both.

Please could you verify it is the same structure ? (e.g inserting intlo empty table )

Also, could you make sure that you are looking at the unmanipluated content of the cd_structure column ?

Best regards,

Szilard

ChemAxon abe887c64e

18-07-2013 10:12:17

Visulalization of R and S labels is a display setting question of MarvinSketch or MarvinView (View -> Stereo -> R/S labels). From stereo chemical point of view the above two structures are the same (irrespective of the virtually non-adequate Up and Down bonds).

Best regards,

Krisztina

User d8da4712c1

18-07-2013 13:06:09

Thanks we confirm your explination.