How to get version number of JChem programatically?

User 5787a55225

08-12-2005 14:11:10

Is there a function in JChem's API which I can call to get the version of JChem?

Thanks,

Don

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

08-12-2005 14:36:53

Hi,

Please see the "API" part of the answer in the following topic:

http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic127.html

Szilard

User 5787a55225

08-12-2005 16:35:50

Thanks, Szilard.
Quote:

4. API:

You can print the values of the following static variables:

chemaxon.jchem.VersionInfo.JCHEM_VERSION

and

chemaxon.jchem.VersionInfo.JCHEM_TABLE_VERSION

It looks like something I need.

I looked into the online API, and it provides no API info for the chemaxon.jchem package. It will be nice to provide all the stuff pertinent to the chemaxon.jchem package.

Another question, is there any programatic way to find out the version of LogD, LogP and PKA calculation? Are the version of those calculations tightly bounded to the version of their host -- JChem?

Thanks,

Don

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

08-12-2005 17:17:52

Hi,
Quote:

I looked into the online API, and it provides no API info for the chemaxon.jchem package. It will be nice to provide all the stuff pertinent to the chemaxon.jchem package.
You are right, this class should be present in the API documentation, we will add it.

However we will not include the whole package.

We keep our API simple and clean be deliberately selecting classes that should be used by the client programmer.

This also gives us some freedom to change the "invisible" helper classes without having to worry about incompatibility.
Quote:
Another question, is there any programatic way to find out the version of LogD, LogP and PKA calculation? Are the version of those calculations tightly bounded to the version of their host -- JChem?
These calculations do not have their own version numbers, so yes, they are bounded with the version of their host.

Best regards,

Szilard