No license key problem

User d4e43202ac

22-05-2013 14:20:48

I am experiencing the problem reported by idrissdev previously.  I called tech support and they said my academic license should allow single-user access to the db_search example, but not server access.  I could use it locally on my machine previously.  Setup.jsp runs normally.  When I use the 'Upload License Keys' at the bottom, a dialog box comes up telling me that:

We can accept ChemAxon license files. (license.cxl or licenses.dat)

After I open my .cxl file.  Nothing seems to happen.  I return to the setup page and 'Save changes'.  seltable.jsp comes up.  I select submit.  Initsearch.jsp returns the error:

No license file found.
Product name: Structure Search
License path:
Please contact sales _at_ chemaxon.com to obtain the corresponding license.
Students and academic researchers are entitled of free use
through our Academic Package, for more information
please visit: http://www.chemaxon.com/acpack_conditions.html

I am using Tomcat6 and JChem 5.11.4

My database is postgresql.

Do I indeed have to contact sales again?

Dick

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

24-05-2013 12:30:04

Hi,

I called tech support and they said my academic license should allow single-user access to the db_search example, but not server access.

They must have referred to the "Server use: Not allowed" property for your JChem Base license.

There might be a confusion here, technically it only means that the license cannot be referenced from a remote URL.

This should not be a problem in your case, no need to contact academic support / sales.

After I open my .cxl file.  Nothing seems to happen.  I return to the setup page and 'Save changes'. 

I assusme you are opening the setlicense.jsp from setup.jsp. On setlicense.jsp you should select the file and the press the "Upload file" button. This should take you to upload.jsp, which should display that it was successful or display an error message.

On success it should write:

File succesfully updated.

NOTE:You have to restart the web server for the license key changes to take effect.

How exactly your experience differs from this ?

Have you restarted Tomcat as adivsed ?

Can you send the license file to support _at_ chemaxon.com ?

Best regards,

Szilard