jchem Exporter API

User 73ad691ca3

06-03-2013 22:43:33

Dear Chemaxon Team,

We want to export the structure and the additional column data based on the cd_ids from the structure table to the  sdf file. 

we are using the jchem Exporter API(.Net) class to implement this export functionality.

Currently we are setting the select query to export the data from structure table and the other table by joining those tables.

Exporter exp = new Exporter();

exp.setConnectionHandler(conh);

exp.setSelectStatement(qry);

So if i want to filter the data, then i need to use like,

setIDList(int[] list) , where list is the array of cd_ids

as mentioned in the url:http://www.chemaxon.com/jchem/doc/dev/java/api/chemaxon/jchem/db/Exporter.html

My question here is,

1.) Is there any limitation of the number of cd_ids to pass in the setIDList method to filter the data?

2.) Is setIDList method will act like the sql where-in static clause like  "where in (cd_ids,...)" to filter the data.

If there is any limitation in the setIDList method, then i need to store all these cd_ids in a table; then join this table(cd_ids) with the sql query; then need to export the data. this way we have done previously in the java application, just confirm this too...

Please reply us ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,

D.Senthil kumar vijai

ChemAxon a9ded07333

07-03-2013 11:29:18

Dear Senthil,

There is no list size limitation when using the setFilterID() method - if you can create a Java int[], you can give it as a parameter to this method.
Exporter also handles the known size limitations of the IN clause.

Best regards,
Tamás

User 73ad691ca3

07-03-2013 14:25:11

Dear Tamás,

Thanks for your reply...

we will get back to you in case of any queries regarding the same.

--

Thanks & Regards,

D. Senthil kumar vijai