compile warning

User 870ab5b546

15-01-2013 16:08:22

When I compile my code with JChem 5.11.5, I get this warning:

warning: [path] Unexpected extension for archive file: /home/aceorg/aceorg/jchemDEV-3.6/lib/jdbc/derby-10.8.1.2/derby.war

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

15-01-2013 16:23:14

Hi Bob,

This issue seems to be specific to your development environment.

We have simply copied the whole lib directory of derby into our lib/jdbc directory, which happen to include a .war file.

JChem should be working fine without this file being present there, i.e. you may remove it if your build environment cannot ignore it. 

Best regards,

Szilard

PS: the .war file can easy derby installation under Tomcat in specific cases, but with JChem normally all .jar files are referenced by jchem.jar anyway.

User 870ab5b546

15-01-2013 16:46:29

OK, here's another one.  I get a warning that chemaxon.reaction.StandardizerException has been deprecated.  When I go to the API for this class, I see, 

Deprecated. see chemaxon.standardizer.StandardizerException 

but there is no such class in the API.  If I do the substitution anyway, the code won't compile.

ChemAxon 4a2fc68cd1

15-01-2013 16:57:33

Hi Bob,

That deprecation message seems to be a mistake. I will discuss it with the developers of these codes. The new Standardizer class (chemaxon.standardizer.Standardizer) does not define a StandardizerException, but throws IllegalArgumentException instead.

Could you try to modify your code according to these hints? We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Peter

ChemAxon 9c0afc9aaf

15-01-2013 17:00:53

bobgr wrote:

OK, here's another one.  I get a warning that chemaxon.reaction.StandardizerException has been deprecated.  When I go to the API for this class, I see, 

Deprecated. see chemaxon.standardizer.StandardizerException 

but there is no such class in the API.  If I do the substitution anyway, the code won't compile.

Bob,

I think this is a deprecation by mistake, there is no such class as

chemaxon.standardizer.StandardizerException 

I suggest to ignore this warning for now, my colleagues will clarify this soon.

BR,

Szilard

User 870ab5b546

15-01-2013 17:07:44

Thanks.  If I just remove all references to StandardizerException, everything compiles without warnings or errors.  

I should mention that standardize() no longer throws a SearchException, either, so I had to remove all the catch clauses for both SearchException and StandardizerException.