Error when scrolling in form view

User 9afd5de273

09-11-2012 12:47:05

Dear reader,

When browsing the experimental data linked to one of the projects I am working on, I use a form view that gathers it's info from several database tables (stored in MySQL). It brings together structures, data, graph widgets and a browser pane.

To quickly scan the data I use my middle mouse button (a wheel) to scroll from molecule to molecule. However, sometimes I encounter (at random times) the following exception:

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap$EntryIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap$EntryIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.EDPCache$1.run(EDPCache.java:110)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.EDPCache$1.run(EDPCache.java:106)
    at org.openide.util.Mutex.readAccess(Mutex.java:288)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.EDPCache.findCachedValue(EDPCache.java:106)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.EDPCache.fetchValues(EDPCache.java:141)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.DBEntityDataProviderImpl.getData(DBEntityDataProviderImpl.java:259)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.MasterDetailRetriever$DataTreeIdProvider.getSingleId(MasterDetailRetriever.java:379)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.MasterDetailRetriever$DataTreeIdProvider.getIDs(MasterDetailRetriever.java:352)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.MasterDetailRetriever.fetchIds(MasterDetailRetriever.java:284)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.MasterDetailRetriever.fetchIds(MasterDetailRetriever.java:227)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl$VS.fetchIds(ResultSetImpl.java:670)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl$VS.parentSelectionUpdated(ResultSetImpl.java:659)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl$VS.access$100(ResultSetImpl.java:531)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl$VS$5.run(ResultSetImpl.java:921)
Caused: org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$SlowItem: task failed due to
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor.post(RequestProcessor.java:428)
    at com.im.df.impl.db.ResultSetImpl$VS.setSelection(ResultSetImpl.java:916)
    at com.im.ijc.core.api.util.IJCCoreUtils$4.phase1InRequestProcessor(IJCCoreUtils.java:331)
    at com.im.commons.progress.BackgroundRunner.processTheTask(BackgroundRunner.java:128)
    at com.im.commons.progress.BackgroundRunner$1.run(BackgroundRunner.java:91)
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1411)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1991)

Pressing 'Cancel' on the exception windows allows me to continue without problems, but you can imagine that this can be quite disturbing if it occurs regularly.

Any idea what might be causing this? I am using 5.11.1

Many thanks,

Sander.

ChemAxon 2bdd02d1e5

13-11-2012 17:15:45

Hi Sander,

we are going to look at this. It might be already fixed in the development version. I have to check it with developers. I don't think there is a way how to overcome the problem.

Thank you for reporting this!

Filip